µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installer is broke, current build 3.3a 32-bit 27745, W7 64-bit.

Downloading and running utorrent-alpha.exe does not show up in Program Files, Start Menu, Desktop, or Programs and Features (control panel). As well, it creates a Startup registry entry to the file's download location (ie Downloads or Temporary Internet Files). This creates a security warning every time you reboot, and it also means uTorrent may disappear upon clearing your cache.

What the heck? Something is wrong now.. Each time you click on the icon on the desktop, the installation window opens offering a μTorrent 3.2.1 [build 27718] installation? :o

I get in to the program just by using the installation source.. Yeah.. columns are messed up once again and the torrent list is not updated automatically (only when you click on the items).

It seems that now is a very raw version! While waiting for more updates... =)

What the heck? Something is wrong now.. Each time you click on the icon on the desktop, the installation window opens offering a μTorrent 3.2.1 [build 27718] installation? :o

I get in to the program just by using the installation source.. Yeah.. columns are messed up once again and the torrent list is not updated automatically (only when you click on the items).

It would seem to me you are clicking on the rong icon, or have a bad installation to begin with. This is 3.3 Alpha we're talking, not 3.2.1.

My 3.3 Alpha specifically says 3.3 Alpha (Build 27681) in the title bar.

With the exception of a higher-than-would-be-liked CPU usage, this has, by far, been the most stable 3x release (IMHO).

What the heck? Something is wrong now.. Each time you click on the icon on the desktop' date=' the installation window opens offering a μTorrent 3.2.1 [build 27718'] installation? :o

It would seem to me you are clicking on the rong icon, or have a bad installation to begin with. This is 3.3 Alpha we're talking, not 3.2.1.

My 3.3 Alpha specifically says 3.3 Alpha (Build 27681) in the title bar.

No, I know what I'm doing and choose the correct icon and the installation source is correct 3.3. Still, after installation when you try to open the program it throws 3.2.1 installation.. over and over again.. :D

But yeah, maybe I need to wait for the next... :lol:

upload speeds are gerat! 9MB, unlike 6 in previous build.

lots of connections (many peers now able to connect to me, unlike 2.2... speed ain`t always good, but can`t say if it is my side problems).

shutdown time is good, start too.

(not a problem, misc) while using internal upgrade, install didn`t wait long ennough for active utorrent process to finish=> installer failed (had to download it and install myself)

the Q is: .dat file still growing?

when closed utorrent (3d time?), it crashed, popup window asked me if i would like to send crash dump.. where is option to send dump but do not restart app?

As well as uTP rate limit isn't fixed.

how do you mean? it is *not* being limited at all?

When you are seeding and your peers connect to you through TCP, upload limit (150%, in my case) works well. Unlike the situation with μTP - then you may have upload rate 10 (1000%) and above.

Versions 2.2.1, 3.1.3 and 3.2 are a hell theses days, downloading is slow, allocating (on 3.2) take ages and recheck never ends. I already disabled everything on cache, deleted my settings.dat, wich make it be better for one or two hours. I'm using uTorrent for some years, but now that I have 1100 torrents to seed it's not working for me anymore. But seems that this 3.3 version will be good, at least testing the recheck it is doing what the others aren't able to do anymore: reach the end of a single 986MB file. I have a pretty good computer (Core i7, 18GB memory, HDD 1TB + NAS 9TB), all connected thru a 1Gbit network wich gaves me a 40MB/s transfer rate between NAS<=>computer. Unfortunately I can't keep that version running, my private trackers won't let me download with it. :(

Unlike the situation with μTP - then you may have upload rate 10 (1000%) and above.
(150%' date=' in my case)[/quote']

As defined with what setting exactly ?

As defined at Queueing > Seeding Goal > Minimum ratio. Yes, you may say it's a minimum exactly. But in fact this option always worked as a real upload limiter in all versions before 3.3.

And this has to do with "upload *rate*" how? Or you mean volume? And how did you set it to seed with uTP only for this test?

And this has to do with "upload *rate*" how? Or you mean volume? And how did you set it to seed with uTP only for this test?

Are "ratio" and "rate" different things for you? As for seeding with uTP, it's very easy to define - enough to look what protocol your current leechers use. And every time you get 150% exceeding on 3.3 you may be sure - that's uTP leechers.

Archived