µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can just remove the settings.dat and retick some setting (or relaunch utorrent) to recreate it but you'll still see how it just keeps growing by something like 600 bytes for every press of the *Apply* or *OK* button (even if you don't change anything).

E: And by the way, I mean it will be re-created with your custom settings.

atm my settings.dat is over 300mb and i cant even change settings any more - clicking "ok" or "apply" results in app freezing. And if i don't open settings window, ut freezes anyway in ~20mins.

and when ut autoruns at system start, it repeatedly shows error "can't allocate <number> memory"

What for ? It's a bug. Better wait till they fix it.

Why? Even if they made some magical settings.dat cleaner why would you want to wait until they do?

The workaround I discovered works just fine. He said clicking *OK* freezes utorrent. Quitting might not. This way you can preserve your settings.

why would you want to wait until they do?

Because:

A. I don't intend to set the client again and again and again whenever this file stupidly auto-corrupts itself

B. There are other releases out there w/o this issue... :P

C. I know that a fix is coming up soon.

Build 27893:

When you clear "Name" string in "Add new torrent" window, after pressing OK button its content gets back.

it's a feature... avoiding a blank torrent name. when you design a field for dual use - you are bound to run into such issues...

Because:

A. I don't intend to set the client again and again and again whenever this file stupidly auto-corrupts itself

B. There are other releases out there w/o this issue... :P

C. I know that a fix is coming up soon.

Well,

A: It wasn't really _corrupting_ itself. Even if it blew to all the way up to hundreds of megabytes you could've still probably cleared the redundant lines.

B. To which you could've imported those settings to with this method.

C. Yeah, it did, but I don't see why is it so important to start with a clean settings.dat when the alternative is to just use the one you already configured for yourself.

RSS downloader no longer obeys Main Default Download Preferences

since 3.3 alpha (build 27893), and perhaps (build 27841) as well

My default download folder under RSS downloader is blank

my main preferences default download folder path is

C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\torrents

before last two builds all automatic rss downloads went into \downloads\torrents

since the last two builds all RSS downloads files go directly to \downloads

Please look into it, if you have time.

Thanks for a good job.

Archived