µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that i don`t like "torrent filter" be a bit bigger, but why would you want to use "web search" anyway?

ps: when installer "upgrade" function would work again?

pps: and what`s with fonts sizes? why do i have to use magnifier to see torrent names? couple versions ago everything was normal...

ppps: v28203 doesn`t check for updates. even manually, even with "update to beta versions". nothing happens - no pop up window like "there`s no newer ver. aviable" or something...

not that i don`t like "torrent filter" be a bit bigger, but why would you want to use "web search" anyway?

1. why not?... it is there...

2. if you define your search engines well, you can auto-open-up the search web-pages and have the result shown immediately!

pps: and what`s with fonts sizes?

+1.

It is very far from beta... :( better have that filter put into 3.2.2 if you want anyone to enjoy it in 2012... :P

not that i don`t like "torrent filter" be a bit bigger' date=' but why would you want to use "web search" anyway?

[/quote']

1. why not?... it is there...

2. if you define your search engines well, you can auto-open-up the search web-pages and have the result shown immediately!

pps: and what`s with fonts sizes?

+1.

It is very far from beta... :( better have that filter put into 3.2.2 if you want anyone to enjoy it in 2012... :P

rafi did you test the new utorrent 3.3 alpha 28287 having serious bug see image i posted

Um. Your screenshot is of a single-file torrent...

Correct' date=' the screenshot is just to show what window I mean. The issue I mentioned is really there, try for yourself.[/quote']

Generally, when providing a screenshot, you are supposed to include an image demonstrating the issue.

The developers know what the Add Torrent dialog is.

rafi did you test the new utorrent 3.3 alpha 28287

Not extensively. Since the upload limiter is not working, plus the write caches display/numbers show to caching (1:1 ratio) I see no point in blind/uncontrolled performance testing as of now. Not to mention many UI issues (like selecting files) that users have mentioned, which makes testing even harder... :P

I think it would be worthwhile to make the font size that recently got dropped user-configurable. I'm getting used to the small font (large screen, haha) but it's probably not to everyone's liking.

about 2 years ago, i posted that request, and the reply was something like that: "you`re not the first to ask about..."

but! around that time i asked about "torrent name filter" and it is here! so - there`s still hope!

rafi! why would you use open trackers search BEFORE searching private`s first? oh well, i don`t understand your system... (it must be wrong :P)

or you implemented private trackers search inthere? well, than it have some uses.. but than again - you still opening web browser, using web search engines... and STILL need to type serch string in field - only 2 actions - switch (open) web browser, use serach - is reduced. too small of a difference to even mention it.

...i better leave it right there, before i said something...

Having some problems with the latest release (build 28287), it's not limiting the download/upload speed according to my settings (both torrent specific and overall). Is there anyone who has a solution or an answer? Anyway please solve this for the next Alpha-build.

Several last versions of 3.3 alpha have very nasty bug: when you open a torrent file to start DL it' date=' you see Chinese symbols instead in save path (it was English before). I use win-1251 codepage and Win7 64bit.[/quote']

Try re-installing uTorrent, or deleting and replacing your settings.dat file with e new-empty one.

This is the problem of Label-Mapping.

I have reinstalled uTorrent and deleted settings.dat fine. However, the problem appeared immediately again after I have tried to setup label-mapping.

All paths in Label Mapping settings are shown in Chinese again. And I can't modify or delete anything there.

The Label-Mapping options interface is bugged by itself.

complete overload every 5 secs of normal use for at least 30 secs then 5 secs then 30 secs of overload again

impossible to even close the program due to not responding

disc overload is not even showing anywhere

also horrible absolutely control of upload

for example setting all torrents at 1kb/sec upload simply does not work and each torrent does w/e it wants up to 30kb/sec

Global Upload speed limit still seems broken, but I think I know why. Setting the per-torrent limit works, and normally when you don't have a per-torrent limit set it shows as "unlimited" - SO, the reason global is likely broken is because of a derp in the code where per-torrent limit ALWAYS preempts Global, even though it should only override when set, or maybe not at all and always be a subset of Global. Setting bandwidth usage on the torrents to Low might also help.

Edit: Nevermind... can't seem to reproduce this on a regular basis, or at least it still spikes to way above the global limit. :/

Please do fix the bug though. It's a huge usability issue in the alpha at the moment.

Dear admin, if you want more people to try your alpha versions, then please release a portable version of it. Or atleast make some sort of agreement with portableapps.com so that at least they upload a portable version of utorrent alpha versions. (currently prtableapps.com hosts alpha versions of chrome. So may be they can host utorrent too.)

A second option is to create utorrent next like opera next so that simultaneously one can run utorrent stable for normal work and utorrent alpha for testing/trying.

Archived