µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--2012-11-21: Version 3.3 alpha (build 28582)

- Fix UT Plus LREC height mis-sizing

- Remove: obsolete graphic images

- Fix: Crash in LAdWindow

- Fix: Restore global upload rate limiting

- Fix: rare crash in udp tracker code

- Fix: coalesce writes from cache to disk

Now we're talkin'! Thanks devs. Keep it coming. :D

--2012-11-21: Version 3.3 alpha (build 28582)

- Fix UT Plus LREC height mis-sizing

- Remove: obsolete graphic images

- Fix: Crash in LAdWindow

- Fix: Restore global upload rate limiting

- Fix: rare crash in udp tracker code

- Fix: coalesce writes from cache to disk

Now we're talkin'! Thanks devs. Keep it coming. :D

Now we're talkin'! (after I'll check it up...) :)

"Apply rate limit to transport overhead" still breaks EEEVVERYTHING to do with the disk cache. This is a longstanding bug, if you don't plan on fixing it then just remove the option. It would be the responsible developer thing to do rather than leave broken settings in for versions and versions. ;)

Also please make "Create subfo(lder)" remember its state. Every time the window pops up I have to uncheck it again since that's usually the way I want it. Thanks. :)

Also please make "Create subfo(lder)" remember its state.

Yeah' date=' they better do that.[/quote']

+1, i requested it in the topic of 3.4 alpha too a long time ago (and it shouldn't be so hard to implement).

An important feature request (regarding "Add New Torrent" dialog): could you please make the "Create Subfolder" checkbox remember its last state (checked / unchecked)?

One more thing, an idea for a much "clever" GUI:

A uTorrent user clicks on a torrent which name is "This.Is.A.Series.S01E05.HDTV.XviD-XYZ" - Add New Torrent dialog pops up with the latest given path, which is (for example) "d:\Downloads".

In the "d:\Downloads" directory you can already find a subdirectory prepared for this show, containing all the previous (and future) episodes; it's name is "This.Is.A.Series.S01"

(path: d:\Downloads\This.Is.A.Series.S01).

uTorrent could automatically check for existing directories in the current place, and if one that partially matches the torrent's name can be found (let's say it only checks for series, so "cuts" the filenames before S## - where # should be an integer of course), uT could automatically replace the "Save In" path with the found subdirectory's path, and thus auto-uncheck the "Create Subfolder" checkbox too.

What do you think? :)Click here for sample test app which i wrote in a few hours to try it out.

(MD5: de07b9aa50c356c9cdf49c98b1e87839; virustotal link) [source]

Using v3.3 beta build 28582 I've noticed something odd while adding several downloads and displaying the add new torrent dialog box for each.

I usually queue like 20 in quick succession, then hit OK as I check the content of each.

µtoorrent will start to download 4, maybe 5, the rest will have stopped at what I believe is the stage where the meta-data is accessed;Their status will say "Checked". I have attempted to force start them, but nothing helps. What works is to restart µtorrent. Those that were listed as checked will have stopped, and then it is a simple matter of restarting them.

Other than this it seems to run really well.

Archived