µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

@twinkru

Got it ' date=' thanks.[/quote']

No 'luck'. Seems fine here. Any chance to get a link to your torrent and it's file selection too?

And if I were you, I'd try to use another port, not 80... Actually - you better try replace your bad settings with my settings (at my sig) and modify it... (unrelated to this issue)

I do not quite understand your question

Reframe it please

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@twinkru

Got it ' date=' thanks.[/quote']

No 'luck'. Seems fine here. Any chance to get a link to your torrent and it's file selection too?

And if I were you, I'd try to use another port, not 80... Actually - you better try replace your bad settings with my settings (at my sig) and modify it... (unrelated to this issue)

I do not quite understand your question

Reframe it please

To what torrent did this flushing happen (link)? And - does it still happen if you use the settings.dat file that is linked in my sig?

installer cannot run 3.3 after copying it in Program Files(x86) ; trying installing 2.2 gives same result : immediate crash, and no crashdump sent!!! I finally retrieve 3.3, by installing 2.0.0 and clicking on check for update... The fix of installer bug is not operative, and remains from at least 2.2 !!! (windows seven x64)

Build 28965: Upload limiter now caps the download at high speeds ?? Not just the upload !!?? :(

http://thumbnails102.imagebam.com/23403/a67cef234023378.jpg

To rafi or anyone that can help, how do you get the background color of the speed tab to be that dark navy blue, mine is white, but that blue background makes it much easier to make a distinction of the lines.

ok b28965 crashed while downloading big torent into RAM, due to "disk overload 100%" when there was none. so - i chose to send crash dump, but popup appeared when utorrent restats -> unable to send crash report to server: HttpSendRequest failed

ok. so, after utorrent restarted, that torrent started to download again. and again - disk overload. stopped, restarted urorrent, started -> recheck 0.0% attempt to stop rendered torrent in stateless condition - all actions (start, stop, pause) - aviable, none works. ->delete torrent+data-> redownload torrent->unable to add torrent, i`ts matchin torrent, currently being deleted.

restarted system. redownload torrent - after 60% gone to disk overload again.

ps: closed utorrent via task manager, coz it was still in processes after closing it`s window (for more than 2 minutes).

pps: probably irrelevant, but: win7x64, 8gb ram, 3tb HDD, torrent file was created by utorrent v3.0.0(?)

ppps: torrentlist was rearrenged after restart. again.

Just installed build 28993 and having crashes.

uTorrent crashes after I add magnet torrents (2 different ones). Tested several times, crashes every time. I copied the hash for the magnets (since TPB does not offer torrent files anymore) and searched for the same hash on the net. Found both and downloaded as .torrent files. Both work fine.

Seems like attempting to process magnet files causes crash.

Note: I did tell crash pop-up to send diagnostic dump and restart, so you should have gotten at least a couple of those from me already.

Just installed build 28993 and having crashes.

uTorrent crashes after I add magnet torrents (2 different ones). Tested several times, crashes every time. I copied the hash for the magnets (since TPB does not offer torrent files anymore) and searched for the same hash on the net. Found both and downloaded as .torrent files. Both work fine.

Seems like attempting to process magnet files causes crash.

Note: I did tell crash pop-up to send diagnostic dump and restart, so you should have gotten at least a couple of those from me already.

Same here. Every magnet link I've added makes build 28993 crash (during the "downloading metadata" stage, it seems). Hey infinitemonkeys, thanks for the suggestion of googling the hash from the magnet link. :)

Note: 28993 contains code to test installer changes.

That build will show you an "offer" during installation.

Please download it only if you wish to help test the installer.

You will not be auto updated to that version.

Thank you.

I *was* auto updated to this version ... :P

Oh, and you forgot the word "Beta" on the programs title ... ;)

rafi

Can you tell me where to get connection_tester.exe' date='[/quote']

It’s an internal load/stress test utility made by BT devs. You can do a similar check by running another instance of the client.

What do you mean by "running another instance of the client." ? Do you mean running two instances of uTorrent? uTorrent won't let me run two instances of itself.

Lastly, you mentioned in one of your replies to "twinkru" who had a question about upload/download speeds, "And if I were you, I'd try to use another port, not 80... Actually - you better try replace your bad settings with my settings (at my sig) and modify it... (unrelated to this issue)", I did use your settings and they are good, but what other port should I use, if I shouldn't use port 80?

Thanks, you've been an awesome help. :cool:

Not that it is any surprise at this point, but I was testing adding magnet links from a mobile browser page to my utorrent via the uTorrent Remote app on my android phone. I was pleased to see the app had associated magnet links with uTorrent Remote (or did after I told it which app to use permanently), but when I tried to then launch the app to see whether the torrent was downloading, I could not log in. Of course, at this point, I have to assume the 28993 build crashed just as it did when I tried magnet links locally.

uTorrent won't let me run two instances of itself.

Make a shortcut where your uTorrent.exe is.

Right click the shortcut. Click properties add a space and /recover for the target in the properties..

ex: "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" /Recover

As for the port try any port between 49152 - 65535.

Archived