µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

µTorrent 3.3 [build 27251] (Alpha) At last working version, which will download torrents... :)

But now, the download will stop somewhere because the "end of file has been reached"!?!?

After this.. downloads can not be continue.. change back to Beta. :D

µTorrent 3.3 [build 27251] (Alpha) At last working version, which will download torrents... :)

But now, the download will stop somewhere because the "end of file has been reached"!?!?

After this.. downloads can not be continue.. change back to Beta. :D

I'm back to 3.2 because with 3.3 I had a lot of hashfails and so the dl never ends.

bye

Despite these updates, still no fix on "Forced Downloading/Seeding" issue? WHere if any torrents are set to "Forced" upon restart, they are set to "Finished".

Well, don't force them. It's a minor issue. It'll get fixed later.

Stop using the alpha if it bugs you.

@Firon: I'm only saying so incase it was missed.

And I'm actually using the Stable build as 3.2's method of downloading/seeding is a bit different, and 3.3 is a bit better but still has issues.

So it isn't like i'm using 3.3. primarily, I check in between updates to see if things have been fixed/ working the way I'm used to before making it primary use like I've done in the past (Use Alpha builds as primary, but I think from 3.2 onward things started changing a lot in regard to downloading/re-seeding)

@Firon: I'm only saying so incase it was missed.

And I'm actually using the Stable build as 3.2's method of downloading/seeding is a bit different, and 3.3 is a bit better but still has issues.

So it isn't like i'm using 3.3. primarily, I check in between updates to see if things have been fixed/ working the way I'm used to before making it primary use like I've done in the past (Use Alpha builds as primary, but I think from 3.2 onward things started changing a lot in regard to downloading/re-seeding)

3.2 isn't really much different from 3.1 or earlier versions... it just fixes bugs and makes the GUI perform a bit better.

3.3 is really the first one to have large changes to the way things work internally.

@rafi/Firon: Well for 3.1, when you download the Download Dialog that pops up asks you specifically where you want to save said file. So when it comes to reseeding, you can just direct the download to wherever the file is.

As for 3.2/3.3, the Download Dialog changes to where you not only pick which Folder to download the file, but you also have a different spot to Rename the file. With this method, at times when you're re-seeding, you can't just Force Recheck on the spot like in 3.1, but now you have to manually "Relocate" where the file is. This made it to where it takes a few more extra steps to re-seed, and I'm not 100% sure if that issue of the "Error : the handle is invalid" has been fixed, as that was another issue I had.

Since I tend to do more Re-seeding than downloading, and the tracker I use requires you to download the .torrent after you uploaded it so then 3.2/3.3 changed that way of the Download Dialog.

http://www.mediafire.com/?08xdq1eu88ok6cf,tff5xcbkffp4kkh dumps. the 287whatev file, I believe that occurred while tweaking gui settings to prepare a clean appdata run for use.

Also the column selection is going offscreen and can only be scrolled using the keyboard. My rez is 1366x768.

Finally if you right click in the logger and try to pick an option that overlaps with the detailed pane tabs the selection counts as a right-click on the detailed pane tabs.

Oh and looks like if you have the playback column on, select a torrent that's streamable, and unselect the playback column, the stream button on the selected torrent likes to hang around for a short while.

Any plans at all to fix the network indicator so it DOESN'T show "all is good" even without portforwarding?

RSS is completely broken! After a feed is added say from dailytvtorrents the feed url is modified to include what I'm guessing is part of the feeds title (checked, XML title tag). The feed can't update after that. There are two pipe characters showing in the log and one of the pipe characters can't be removed from feed editing dialog, it's invisible. Deleting the visible one seems to help once but then the other invisible pipe gets added back.

First, great work, thanks very much, hope this will be of some help. A few things keep popping up in the logger which I'm fairly sure aren't meant to (some of these have been mentioned by others).

1) 'RegKey: Could not delete value 2: uTorrent'

2) loads of 'failed hash checks'

3) 'Banned [ip address and port] until forever' - which appears to cause my download speed to plummet each time.

4) 'Warning: Delete to trash failed for [path of torrent]. Error 0. Deleting permanently.' - seems to happen when I delete a torrent (not every time, just randomly from what I can tell) and this leaves the torrent file in the AppData\Roaming\uTorrent folder which you are unable to delete it as it is being used by µTorrent (however the file(s) associated with the torrent are free to be moved, edited, deleted, etc). You can close µTorrent and then delete the torrent.

5) '[ip address and port] [uTP] (name of torrent): [name of torrent client and some other number in brackets]: Banning peer: too many pex messages. 5 since [same date and time to the second as the error is posted]' - that appeared 3 times in an hour, not sure if that is normal.

The other problem I have noticed, which has been mentioned before, is that some torrents will not finish downloading, they will get up to 99.9%, drop back down, and repeat that over and over. What I have found to work is to delete the torrent and redownload it (or just open the one you already downloaded) and it will recheck the file(s) and then usually finish downloading (the odd time it will recheck and verify that 100% has been downloaded and so begin to seed).

Oh, and force recheck doesn't work at all.

27280: still too many "failed hash checks".

I experienced all the peers got banned until for ever on one torrent, because hashcheck failed on the same piece on those peers… and 3.2 got the torrent fully, what'd else? some capuccino ?

27280: still too many "failed hash checks".

I experienced all the peers got banned until for ever on one torrent' date=' because hashcheck failed on the same piece on those peers… and 3.2 got the torrent fully, what'd else? some capuccino ?[/quote']

Yes, 3.2 downloads them in a perfect way! So what does that mean? Those are really broken pieces or maybe, in some fateful moment 3.3 just lacks an ability to check hashes properly? ;)

Archived