µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-2013-01-03: Version 3.3 beta (build 28854)

- Fix: Filter torrents immediately after we switch searchbox to "filtering" mode

Still Doesn't work :( It surly can be improved :)

- Filter when switching the "mode" back

- Actually' date=' just execute external search / filter as soon as you *select* a menu item . Clicking the icon is an extra action now, which is not required, unluess you just change the search string . This is how search worked before

- put this "filter" menu item - as the first item, not waaaaay down as the last one ...

9e68a8230541714.jpg

Thanks, Rafi.

We put the line in the changelog, but released the build that did not have that change in yet.

Problem of too many cooks.

Let me know what you think after the next release.

I will look into re-adding the functionality to search as soon as you change the provider

oh' date=' what about RegKey error?[/quote']

No idea, what action was it that created the error log entry?

It was mentioned earlier that the error is due to uTorrent attempting to delete the "Start uTorrent with Windows" registry key when it does not exist.

Hi,

Not sure if it is the way it should be, or just a glitch.

Using 28854 on ADSL, I noticed the cache flushes entirely (up to 0 used).

Not sure if it is just a display glitch, but I don't see a point in flushing whole cache to disk if the pieces progress nicely (I even saw uncontiguous block pieces getting flushed).

Other than this it sounds better with the new flush threads.

Regards,

Did the last 2 versions triggered new installation for you? It doesn't even find the default directory I've μTorrent installed and asks to install it in C:/users/blabla.

Is this normal due to some fixes that require new registration or something?

Yes, for me it is the same. When auto-update it trigger the installation and want to install to C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent (the last 2 version). Previously there was no installation pop-up and it update silently.

Did the last 2 versions triggered new installation for you? It doesn't even find the default directory I've μTorrent installed and asks to install it in C:/users/blabla.

Yes' date=' for me it is the same. When auto-update it trigger the installation and want to install to C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent (the last 2 version). Previously there was no installation pop-up and it update silently.[/quote']

Just replace the old exe and be done with it... :)

I know this, but also the automatic function, if it exist, must work. The last (now) 3 versions don't work like the previous versions: this is the question - is this intentionally or not? I'm secure that the wrong install dir is an error, for the trigger of installer I don't know :-)

You mean without pressing "check for updates" etc? Just download the latest version manually and overwrite in the folder it currently is?

Because I've disabled auto-checking for updates and I'm doing it manually.

Exactly.

The silent update issue has been taken care of already. It will be fixed in the next release.

I'll look into the other issue you mentioned.

Build 28910 still requires pressing CTRL-Shift-R to display country flags in the IP column.

+1

The flags don't show automatically and CTRL-Shift-R is the manual/temporary workaround.

This is exclusive to the 3.3 build only!

peer.resolve_country=false

flags.conf

flags.bmp

Build 28910 still requires pressing CTRL-Shift-R to display country flags in the IP column.

+1

The flags don't show automatically and CTRL-Shift-R is the manual/temporary workaround.

This is exclusive to the 3.3 build only!

peer.resolve_country=false

flags.conf

flags.bmp

+1 = 3

Archived