µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Not sure if it is the way it should be, or just a glitch.

Using 28854 on ADSL, I noticed the cache flushes entirely (up to 0 used).

Not sure if it is just a display glitch, but I don't see a point in flushing whole cache to disk if the pieces progress nicely (I even saw uncontiguous block pieces getting flushed).

Other than this it sounds better with the new flush threads.

Regards,

A related issue on caching: "Write finished pieces immediatelly" switch doesn't work any more... rolling-back

Build 28910 still requires pressing CTRL-Shift-R to display country flags in the IP column.
previously it was only necessary to press CTRL-Shift-R if it was desired to reload flags.conf and flags.bmp, however in 3.3 country flags don't show at all until this action is performed.

I'm sure this will be fixed soon

Flags are not something that I have ever cared about or ever bother updating,

Correct!

Yeah, but it HAS been the same in many, many versions.

Flags are not something that I have ever cared about

I suggest that you avoid stating so called facts that are simply wrong, and on issues you clearly haven't used much.

Works perfect (and persistently, w/o ctrl-R) in 3.2.3!

It is a regression bug, and should be fixed.

in 28910 some torrents get stuck at flushing to disk and will not go to "seeding" even though they are complete already.

Same problem. And another one:

Big memory usage on Windows 7. W7 constantly maps files that uT seeding (i see in RamMap). And no matter uT cache is enabled or not.

28918: still having the bug stuck on "Downloading Metadata"

Me too.

More like introduced the bug for me instead of fixed it as it worked in the previous build.

Note: I think this is the first beta build I've had a bug with and I'm with uT since 1.7

Heh... mazel tov I suppose. :)

28918: I have both the "downloading metadata" and "flushing to disk" bugs. This makes the program almost unusable unfortunately...

BTW, Hi guys, I haven't posted here in ages :)

EDIT: I also managed to find a reproducible crash. When you get "flushing to disk", stop the torrent, force re-check, start the torrent, it reliably crashes after a while (I think I have already sent several crash logs).

Archived