µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to put this out there again because it would be so easy to add and so useful, please add 'Open Containing Folder' in the WebUI. Thanks.

Actually, that would NOT be that easy to do over HTTP (web) and probably not that useful for the majority of users.

If you need (or want) to have remote file management why not just use VNC or enable RDP (Windows XP onwards) on your machine.

I already do that.. I would still like this option, even if it was just limited to LAN access.

Going to put this out there again because it would be so easy to add and so useful' date=' please add 'Open Containing Folder' in the WebUI. Thanks.[/quote']

Actually, that would NOT be that easy to do over HTTP (web) and probably not that useful for the majority of users.

If you need (or want) to have remote file management why not just use VNC or enable RDP (Windows XP onwards) on your machine.

Has there been any addressing of the CPU usage in 3.3x? I dropped back to 2.2.1 a few weeks ago because of the high (~30%avg) CPU usage on 3.3 - no other apparent problems, just that.

Would really like to see it progress. Not really clear on why there is continued progress on 3.2.1 Beta, and not 3.3x Alpha (I found 3.3 to be MUCH more "stable" than 3.2x)

Several last versions of 3.3 alpha have very nasty bug: when you open a torrent file to start DL it, you see Chinese symbols instead in save path (it was English before). I use win-1251 codepage and Win7 64bit.

Try re-installing uTorrent, or deleting and replacing your settings.dat file with e new-empty one.

as i download utorrent 3.3 alpha which is the future upcoming version of utorrent but having a minor bug it looks bad

when you download torrent it goes to inactive to active then again stop the torrent it will go to inactive.when torrent will be inactive state when i delete the torrent in inactive state it shows inactive(1) instead of inactive(0) this is a error please fix it

:) :| :(

screenshot of error

ChlV8ANaU0.png

um.. !NOT A BUG REPORT!

it`s kind of "behavoir modificator request"...

is it possible to add option to alter "add torrent" fields funtions (maybe a swith in "advanced"?), so that the "name" field wouldn`t be added to torrent download path, but be only it`s name in torrent list?

its inconvinient to update torrents, that is in the same folder, the way it is now - info tab, select old version of a torrent, copy adress, past adress in add torrent dialog, cut last part of an adress, past it to (add torrent dialog) name field...

um.. !NOT A BUG REPORT!

it`s kind of "behavoir modificator request"...

is it possible to add option to alter "add torrent" fields funtions (maybe a swith in "advanced"?), so that the "name" field wouldn`t be added to torrent download path, but be only it`s name in torrent list?

its inconvinient to update torrents, that is in the same folder, the way it is now - info tab, select old version of a torrent, copy adress, past adress in add torrent dialog, cut last part of an adress, past it to (add torrent dialog) name field...

You should really post in the 3.2.1 announcement thread. 3.2.1 is focused on a new "Add" dialogue, and you can see lot's of suggestions at it's beginning. Like this one: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=670514#p670514 .

They's started to modify it, though, not in your direction, yet...

thanks rafi.

so in preferencies->label->label directory mapping i have chinease text under "directory" in all 3 fields... it doesn`t change, when i choose another folder, and i cant remove it with "-".. it also may have something to do with one of my torrents - part of it`s neme is there...

a part of text: 㩃啜敳獲䱜牯⁤敌獫䐠牡浫湩層畍楳

have chinease text

Did you try backing up your settings.dat file and using an empty one for testing that issue?

moved away settings.dat & settings.dat.old (whoa! does it really look like THAT?!) now only chinease text is: C楤o

the first "C" is refered to HDD, right? `coz it in the other 2 fields...

anyway, reverted back (2 partial downloaded torrents become missing pieces), used Shift+F2+settings and found gibberish(?) under

s_url ...ЁзЃґг©івјЇзќ·в№...

stitle ...іђлЈђи‹‘л...

found gibberish(?) under

So' date=' just delete those and be done with it. Probably a bug with the default language settings or in Windows.

I have:

s_url: [url']https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3686WJV

stitle: Take our feedback survey

i use english in programs, windows...

resetting that fields makes them blank.

and another feature request: how about down\up statistics reset for torrent (and, therefore, torrent ratio)? (to set "up" to 0, and "down" to selected files size) coz sometimes torrent updates are minor and ratio goes "wild"...

please keep working of new updates on utorrent 3.3 it is most stable than 3.2.1 disk cache 0.0kb of 32mb in utorrent 3.3 alpha and where utorrent 3.2.1 beta 2 to 3mb out of 32mb and memory usage in utorrent 3.3 alpha 12 to 13mb where 18mb to 23mb memory usage by 3.2.1 i like utorrent 3.3 series very much thanks for build this :D:D:D:):):):P:P:P

b28038

not shure, but for some reason "skip hash check" in "add torrent" dialog checkbox didn`t have any effect...

(one of files WAS missing, thou)..

also some weird mistake occured on attempt to relocate file - nedded file in same folder, but with another name olready exists -> Error: Failed to relocate file "filename", Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

WTF?!

Archived