Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 3.3 beta

when I force re-check it checks the files but adds them to my download folder even when I have 0% downloaded

Uncheck "[ ] Pre-allocate all files"

Can anyone tell me what/how this "Distributed Cache" feature is/works?

PS: is it called "Distributed Cache" or "Distributed Share"?

v28830

per torrent upload limiter still weird - forced upload goes 3.5MB\s -> setting limiter to 2.4MB\s => upload speed drops to 600KB\s -> removing upload limiter => upload speed climbs back to 3.5MB\s

UI speed is great

I upgrade to 28830 and find that the tray icon is bad: http://www.damjan.net/tmp/uT_28830.png

At least you've got an icon in notification area.

I'm using Windows XP SP3 and no icon is showing - it's just a blank space. I hover mouse cursor over blank space and the uTorrent details show. (I exited Explorer then cleared/refreshed icon cache and that didn't help).

I went back to 3.2.3.28705 and there it is.

Does the Auto Labeling/Directory Mapping feature work at all? Regardless of what I enter in the "Contains" box, all the labels I create say "Default audio rule." If it is working, can anyone give me a quick explanation of how to use it?

I'm using Windows XP SP3 and no icon is showing - it's just a blank space. I hover mouse cursor over blank space and the uTorrent details show. (I exited Explorer then cleared/refreshing icon cache and that didn't help).

A similar behavior.

Version 3.3 alpha (build 28830) does not respect upload limit when "Alternate upload rate when not downloading" is selected.

After a complete download of a .torrent the altenate upload rate doesn't kick in.

Did anyone try to delete data+torrent on a torrent selected BEFORE a new torrent was added ? Seems to me it deleted the wrong (some other) torrent+downloaded-data-files(!) :mad:

edited

i am tired to care. most of all software releases today are in beta or worse state whats left for true beta releases. ill stick to stable releases. have a nice development.

I guess something like the png library has been removed from the source package, that's why the icon looks so messed up (the devs are probably trying to reduce the size of the software as much as they can).

There are other icon-related problems too: on the Peers tab I can't see any flags using the new version - they just doesn't appear at all. Filtering is awesome, thanks for it. :P I haven't found serious issues yet.

Is there any chance for the "Create Subdirectory" checkbox to save it's state, and doesn't always reset itself to checked? I kinda never create any subdirectories, so it would be nice if this checkbox could remember it's last state.

Even an option in the Preferences / Advanced list - like "gui.create_subfolder_default" (false/true) - could do the trick.

on the Peers tab I can't see any flags using the new version - they just doesn't appear at all.

+1

Is there any chance for the "Create Subdirectory" checkbox to save it's state, and doesn't always reset itself to checked? I kinda never create any subdirectories, so it would be nice if this checkbox could remember it's last state.

Even an option in the Preferences / Advanced list - like "gui.create_subfolder_default" (false/true) - could do the trick.

YES!

Think I'll just stick with 3.1.2. for a while last time I updated I hated everything new and wished I had never moved:/ I thought upgrades were for the better?

28830:

- "Whole peer list" option not persistent

- flags not showing up anymore when enabling "Resolve IPs"

- bad tray icon

edited

i am tired to care. most of all software releases today are in beta or worse state whats left for true beta releases. ill stick to stable releases. have a nice development.