Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 3.3 beta

28854 reacts magically ! 28830 could not connect to 110 seeds on a torrent on turbo411, only add peer manually could get another leecher with microtorrent 3.2.3... a major bug has found its solution... seven other torrents on this tracker get downloading now ! before they were constantly displaying "finding peers"

Edit : downgraded OS from windows eight to windows vista (x86)

So, how can you tell is it not a Vista related "magic"? ... :P

Icon is back in notification area with 28854.

But why has the default installation directory moved to Application Data???

The mind boggles, it really does - especially as the previous version is not uninstalled.

What a bizarre move.

Icon is back in notification area with 28854.

Too bad the country flags in the peers' tab are not... :(

What a bizarre move.

A "move" ? Don't expect too much sophistication when dealing with bugs... ;)

So' date=' how can you tell is it not a Vista related "magic"? ... :P[/quote']

Very easily, in deed, previous release was running under vista too !

But why has the default installation directory moved to Application Data???

What a bizarre move.

"Bizarre", you said "bizarre", how bizarre it is... I discovered the bug via your post.

privileges levels are very frustrating swigerries (specially under seven) , so maybe devs are trying a temporary solution.

Too bad the country flags in the peers' tab are not...

Flags show after pressing CTRL+Left Shift+R.

Thanks! ... why doesn't it save it for the next session ... :(

With uTorrent 3.3 beta build 28854, if I relocate torrent files manually with the torrent job stopped then try to set download location in uTorrent it is now necessary to answer Yes to the overwrite question because answering No has the same effect as selecting Cancel. Fortunately the moved torrent files do not get harmed by answering Yes to Overwrite but this is not intuitive and I expect will cause user confusion. It should be possible to answer No to the Overwrite question if the files have already been moved as it was in previous versions of uTorrent.

Does the Auto Labeling/Directory Mapping feature work at all? Regardless of what I enter in the "Contains" box, all the labels I create say "Default audio rule." If it is working, can anyone give me a quick explanation of how to use it?

I have the same issue too. Unfortunately no matter how hard I try I cannot get the auto-labeler to work as well. Any custom text I put in reverts back to "Default audio rule" for all new labels I create.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Please make Label: text field more wide.

Don't you think that it is more important to make this dialog operational, first? Like make the bottom 'delete'/"-" work ?

rafi,

I don't know what is important. I am user of 2.0.2.19648. x_secret.gif But you convinced me to try this new version. I decided use it today first time for downloading two torrents. Nothing more. At the first row I am a translator uTorrent to Czech language (as you may know it). And because it is my job, I'm doing this job.

My estimate is that the latest beta (3.3) will,eventually, come to the 2.2.1 level of performance and better, since the core I/O engine was revised.
It took 2.0/1/2 to get to "our" 2.2.1, and it takes 3.0/1/2 to get to 3.3... Which I consider as a good release candidate at 2.2.1 level .

But you convinced me to try this new version.

Good... I take full responsibility ... How are you doing so far ?

I doing this job.

Even better....

Still, first let it work well in English... just kidding ... :)

-2013-01-03: Version 3.3 beta (build 28854)

- Fix: Filter torrents immediately after we switch searchbox to "filtering" mode

Still Doesn't work :( It surly can be improved :)

- Filter when switching the "mode" back

- Actually, just execute external search / filter as soon as you *select* a menu item . Clicking the icon is an extra action now, which is not required, unless you just change the search string . This is how search worked before

- put this "filter" menu item - as the first item, not waaaaay down as the last one ...

- regression: the support for the in-menu divider lines is broken

9e68a8230541714.jpg

another error: [2013-01-06 20:25:57] IO Error:1168 line:68 align:-99 pos:-99 count:10548 actual:0

That error line corresponds to the Windows error code ERROR_NOT_FOUND. uTorrent is trying to access a file that doesn't exist.

another error: [2013-01-06 20:25:57] IO Error:1168 line:68 align:-99 pos:-99 count:10548 actual:0

That error line corresponds to the Windows error code ERROR_NOT_FOUND. uTorrent is trying to access a file that doesn't exist.

So why doesn't he say so in a plain language, that we can all understand ? :P

So why doesn't he say so in a plain language, that we can all understand

For a beta version it makes sense to log "debug info" rather than "friendly" error messages.