µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and when relocation system would be fixed? (torrent name SHOUD NOT be added to a files location path).

(yes, i`m still on that)

They've added this "create sub-folder" control to the add dialogue, plus you can also change the name there. Isn't that enough?

You could update problems with the Utorrent/Bittorrent websites on twitter/facebook to make people aware of what is happening the last few days...

Inquiring minds would love to know!

Are you guys being DDOS attacked?

I guess people are a little disturbed on the evolution and track you guys are taking with Utorrent.

You guys really should think about bringing back the slimmed down version.

-applies to incomplete ".!ut" files

-if two files selected and deleted, sometimes only the first one gets deleted, the other one stays.

-"deleted" in such a way "data" files that don't deleted, but get locked by utorrent.exe process.

utorrent needs to be shut down in order to delete the files manually

Version 3.3 beta (build 28918)

"Delete .torrent + data" doesn't always delete ".torrent" or "data"

and when relocation system would be fixed? (torrent name SHOUD NOT be added to a files location path).

(yes' date=' i`m still on that)[/quote']

They've added this "create sub-folder" control to the add dialogue, plus you can also change the name there. Isn't that enough?

are you implying, that i should delete existing torrents and re add them, instread of moving them? ;)

i would be totally happy with switch in advanced, that would cause simple adress field opening on "set downloaded location" and no explorer window. just make entered adress final, do not modify it. otherwise it`s kind a weird - "ask for path, and modify answer, as you see fit".

(yes' date=' i`m still on that)[/quote']

are you implying, that i should delete existing torrents and re add them, instread of moving them? ;)

i would be totally happy with switch in advanced...

Why don't you try the new context-menu->Advanced->"Set Destination Name..." option, and see if it helps solve the issue?

It gives you the flexibility of changing that "sub-folder" name, for existing torrents as well. Actually, it can give you a bit more than that, and you can change the whole destination folder location if you provide not just one folder-string-name as suggested (=end-sub-folder name) but a complete path name (like c:\folder-name\sub-folders...).

Is that good enough?

... Why don't you try the new context-menu->Advanced->"Set Destination Name..." option, ...

Is that good enough?

o_O

O_O

it works!!!

sooo...as far as i remember only 2 things left to do - reenable popups showing partially hidden text and interactive folder structure under "files" tab.

ps: ye-yea, i`m lamo, i know... :/

only 2 things left to do...

This is *never* true with uTorrent... :P

o_O it works!!!

Well, I am sure that pre-existing data files in the older location are undelete-able using "delete-torrent+data" after you change the location. I guess this is the price you have to to pay for it... ;)

- reenable popups showing partially hidden text and interactive folder structure under "files" tab.

hidden text ? interactive? meaning ?

When it upgraded to 28965 it deleted all of my torrents. Like a hundred of them. It only kept three of them. Not sure what the heck that was all about, but figured I should report it.

They were all still listed in uTorrent BTW, and the downloaded files were still there, just the actual torrent files got deleted.

OK, it turns out they didn't get deleted. They all got moved to a random folder. It was one of the folders that was created by a torrent, and the files that had been in that folder were deleted. Oh, and a file that I had downloaded, and thought I deleted, last week, was in the folder too. Very strange....

With the time it would take me to reload and relabel all those files, I figure, screw it, I just won't seed them and I'll have a fresh start.

Aside from that, it all seems to be working well now. If nobody else has a problem like this, then I guess My computer just had a little seizure.

in Version 3.3 (build 28965) some torrents get stuck at flushing to disk and will not go to "seeding" even though they are complete already.

Still ? I was under the impression that this was fixed here. Looking at the cache does not help. Can you post your settings.dat file?

@twinkru

Got it , thanks.

No 'luck'. Seems fine here. Any chance to get a link to your torrent and it's file selection too?

And if I were you, I'd try to use another port, not 80... Actually - you better try replace your bad settings with my settings (at my sig) and modify it... (unrelated to this issue)

Build 28965: Upload limiter now caps the download at high speeds ?? Not just the upload !!?? :(

http://thumbnails102.imagebam.com/23403/a67cef234023378.jpg

rafi

Can you tell me where to get connection_tester.exe, the one in your image on the top left hand corner? I wouldn't mind using something like that. I would really appreciate it very much. I googled the name with no luck. :cool:

- 1 reenable popups showing partially hidden text

2 interactive folder structure under "files" tab.

1 when text too long to fit in column width, a popup, ahowing full text of a field under cursor (was in v2.2)

2 when there`s a lot of files in torrent it`s a pain to navigate there - so: a buttons to fold\unfold subdirectories under files tab.

- 1 reenable popups showing partially hidden text

2 interactive folder structure under "files" tab.

1 when text too long to fit in column width' date=' a popup, ahowing full text of a field under cursor (was in v2.2)

2 when there`s a lot of files in torrent it`s a pain to navigate there - so: a buttons to fold\unfold subdirectories under files tab.[/quote']

OK... You mean tooltips, and files' treeview. Yeah, I like to have those tooltips back too (it is a regression/bug from older versions). As for the tree-view - at lease you have it in the "Add Dialogue", so you can use it when you add a new torrent. Since in the files tab - there are many more additional columns/infos, I guess it is a bit more complex to combine both a treeview and the related columns info for each "node" in the tree. Anyway it is a new feature and not a "bug"... So you better bug them to put it in 3.4 ... :P

Archived