µTorrent 3.3 beta

Firon

3.3 fails hash-checking sometimes ; that could be the result of bad reading compress flag : pieces are transmitted using g-zip . the piece involved was #180 ; would be very surprised if piece number is relevant for that bug !

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone else like to see the ability to move files to the appropriate labelled directory once labelled after they've finished downloading? The current option only moves the files if they've been labelled before finishing.

Would anyone else like to see the ability to move files to the appropriate labelled directory once labelled after they've finished downloading? The current option only moves the files if they've been labelled before finishing.

Not me too

But you can still move your files after dl end with Advanced>Set Download Location...

I put up a new 3.3. This removes the unbuffered I/O code, removes the random read flag which makes Windows hold onto cached memory forever, and also fixes the hash failure problem as a side effect.

Please keep a look out in Task Manager to see if memory usage still grows out of control when downloading very large files (not caused by utorrent.exe, but just seeing commit size increase without bound).

-- 2012-06-04: Version 3.3 alpha (build 27329)

- Change: remove unbuffered I/O for performance

- Fix: fix disk cache graphs

Did you intentionally disabled the Windows cache controls?

Disk stats graph shows - cache-writes==disk-writes. Is that as designed/intended?

9edf15194165963.jpg

Also - utorrent.exe hangs (again) in memory after exit (while downloading ). I guess you still didn't copy the fix from 3.2 ... :P

10000 nodes already, ain't gonna stop :) One of the most beautiful uT bugs I've seen.

Not if the counter is just broken and those 300 nodes are being duplicated inside ... ;)

Yep, it's gone. Not just disabled, but truly gone. Serves no purpose anymore.

Disk stats graph shows - cache-writes==disk-writes. Is that as designed/intended?

http://thumbnails38.imagebam.com/19417/9edf15194165963.jpg

Hi - The windows cache controls are turned off in this version because all writes are buffered in this version.

Please see this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2549369

Also - utorrent.exe hangs (again) in memory after exit (while downloading ). I guess you still didn't copy the fix from 3.2 ... :P

I assure you - this is a different hang on exit than the one that was in 3.2 - we'll make sure to remove this one, too :P

10000 nodes already, ain't gonna stop :) One of the most beautiful uT bugs I've seen.

Not if the counter is just broken and those 300 nodes are being duplicated inside ... ;)

That's a nice one :)

And I'm actually using the Stable build as 3.2's method of downloading/seeding is a bit different, and 3.3 is a bit better but still has issues.

So it isn't like i'm using 3.3. primarily, I check in between updates to see if things have been fixed/ working the way I'm used to before making it primary use like I've done in the past (Use Alpha builds as primary, but I think from 3.2 onward things started changing a lot in regard to downloading/re-seeding)

@Firon: Just thought to poke at this feature to see if there was much mof a change since after I made that reply, nothing was replied for it.

Thanks.

^Oops my mistake, I misquoted myself. I meant in reference to:

@rafi/Firon: Well for 3.1, when you download the Download Dialog that pops up asks you specifically where you want to save said file. So when it comes to reseeding, you can just direct the download to wherever the file is.

As for 3.2/3.3, the Download Dialog changes to where you not only pick which Folder to download the file, but you also have a different spot to Rename the file. With this method, at times when you're re-seeding, you can't just Force Recheck on the spot like in 3.1, but now you have to manually "Relocate" where the file is. This made it to where it takes a few more extra steps to re-seed, and I'm not 100% sure if that issue of the "Error : the handle is invalid" has been fixed, as that was another issue I had.

Since I tend to do more Re-seeding than downloading, and the tracker I use requires you to download the .torrent after you uploaded it so then 3.2/3.3 changed that way of the Download Dialog.

on beta when Delete torrent... it remains in the list of torrent but it actually deleted from hard.... some time I delete multiple torrent then all torrents got one similar torrent name and remains on the list... some times no names but it remains on the list... when I quit torrent and launch it again it show empty list ... means all good.

below picture show two torrents,,, after deletion they are still in list and just names gone....

utorrent.png

hey firon any hope to fix that problem while u are at disk stuff?

http://www.pleasuredome.org.uk/index.php

http://forum.pleasuredome.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=17928

firon

The files themselves all have "good" data, but they're padded with garbage (usually zeros) after where the file should end. In theory, the zip files will work anyway, but clrmamepro will definitely complain about them being wrong. A simple truncation to the correct filesize will fix the files.

A force re-check does not fix the problem, since µTorrent does not truncate files, ever (which is probably a bad thing).

We're investing to see how we can fix the problem. Unbuffered writes in Windows have a limitation where filesizes must be an exact multiple of the block size, so you need to open it in buffered mode to create it, then drop back. Unfortunately, this sporadically fails, so it ends up having to create the file in buffered mode.

Archived