help managing my created torrents

xandresmendizabal

hello,

I'm created my own torrent containing pictures and videos to send to my family and friends, a couple weeks have past by and i was wondering if its possible to either add more files to my already created torrent or how to create another torrent will download to the already completed part with out overwriting the older files. i know i can create a whole new folder but i wanted to see if i could keep it all in one directory so i know everyone has the same folders and files.

it might be a simple answer but i haven't been able to figure it out.

thank you

thanks for the reply,

I have had some success in doing that. only a couple of times I've had the new torrent contents overwrite the old one. I'm not sure if we're selecting something wrong or what.

just let me clarify.

if i create my first torrent a folder named "MY Vacation" and it includes files "A-G" and later wish to create a second half, a folder named "My Vacation" that includes files H-M".

all i do is remove the old torrent and start the new pointing to same MY Vacation folder? and it will include the new files with currently downloaded file.

thank you

While creating a New Torrent, you can either choose "A File" or "A Folder (which may contain more folders/files inside it)".

If you have a folder named, "My Vacation", which contains let say, 100 photos and 10 Videos, while creating torrent, choose "Add Directory" and select the "My Vacation" folder.

You cannot choose specific files from 1 folder, using "Add Directory".

However, if you have different sub-folders inside "My Vacation" folder, you can make new torrents with them.

yes thats what i want, i want to create a new torrent of sub folder and have that download into the already previously completed main folder.

im looking to form a tree of folders. for instance, one folder with lots of other sub folders and have utorrent download the sub folders with out erasing an prior downloads in said main folder.

so im basically looking for utorrent to download folders inside a previously downloaded folder to avoid with out it deleting anything.

Archived