uTorrent kills my connection

jaarons

Hi all,

I have googled my problem and read a lot of stuff. A lot of people have similar problems to me but not quite the same. I was hoping someone could help.

I recently reformatted my computer and installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I had to reinstall all my programs again, including uTorrent with which I have never had a problem with before.

Now I notice, as I download, that after a while it kills the internet connection. Often, the network icon says I'm still connected to the network, but not the internet. My iPad and iPhone also can't connect to the internet using the network. From there, trying to re-establish the connection doesn't work. Trying to disable then reenable the wireless adapter doesn't work. The only thing that works is resetting my Belkin wireless router.

I got Belkin to send me a new router, and the problem continues to exist. I updated uTorrent to the latest version as well.

From what I read around, it seems that I might have to change/limit the number of connections I have going. Seems a shame since I've never had to do this before.

Can I get some advice on what to do? Many thanks.

Archived