7k torrent limit solution?

TheSPAWN

I seem to be having an issue where if I reach about 7400 torrents in client it just wont download any more. The RSS feed brings them in but they just hang and dont download data but status says "downloading".

I have to keep deleting torrents to allow more to start.

Is there any solution to this?

Thnx.

Remove some torrents.

Thanks for the obvious answer but that wasn't my question. As I stated when I remove torrents the new ones start downloading.

My question what is the solution, ie how do I get around this issue without removing torrents, why does it have this limitation anyway, my system has plenty of CPU/RAM.

Check your preferences, under "queueing". How many concurrent downloads do you have your machine set to? The default is 150, or at least it was on my computer. Is yours maybe set to 7400? That's all I can think of if it let you get to that number then refused any other torrents. Or there could be an interneal limit somewhere in the programming that only allows 7400. I'm just spitballing here, though.

Another thing might be the "number of connections" setting under "bandwidth." Maybe your 7400 torrents are using more than the max number of connections you have set up.

Active torrents was 99999, Connections was 1000, I have now upped that to 9999. Will see how that goes.

I would have thought connections at 1000 was ok because not all torrents would have active connections at same time.

I have reduced torrents to 5k so will see how it goes once they go back up to 7k.

Thanks for reply.

• 9 months later...

Hello; Of my 34 Bruce torrents, there always seems to be 6 or 7 that have red 'UP' arrows when I am wanting all the torrents to be available for seeding. The 'status' box states : 'Failure, not authorized, too many torrents. Current limit is 20.' Is there an adjustment I can make in the settings to make them available? thanks.

Hello; Of my 34 Bruce torrents, there always seems to be 6 or 7 that have red 'UP' arrows when I am wanting all the torrents to be available for seeding. The 'status' box states : 'Failure, not authorized, too many torrents. Current limit is 20.' Is there an adjustment I can make in the settings to make them available? thanks.

That error is a message from your tracker, ie your tracker is imposing a limit on your active torrents and has nothing to do with utorrent or this topic.

Active torrents was 99999, Connections was 1000, I have now upped that to 9999. Will see how that goes.

I would have thought connections at 1000 was ok because not all torrents would have active connections at same time.

I have reduced torrents to 5k so will see how it goes once they go back up to 7k.

Thanks for reply.

did you fixed that issue?

which utorrent version has this limit?

Archived