μTorrent won't download any torrent

nadia_papas

Hi,

I have a problem with the μTorrent the last week. I've been using it for over two years and that's the first time I am facing a problem like that.

Even though the icon at the bottom right is green it won't download any torrent. I have enabled DHT, fixed it from the 'Control Panel>Network>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level>Miscellaneous>Access data sources across domains>Enabled', I am also sure that is not a firewall issue.

It seems that nothing works. Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

Those options are for IE' date=' not for uTorrent...

Make sure you allow all TCP and UDP traffic in your firewall.[/quote']

Would you mind telling me how can I do that? :)

I don't know your firewall. Check its documentation? Just allow ALL traffic for µTorrent.

Those options are for IE' date=' not for uTorrent...

Make sure you allow all TCP and UDP traffic in your firewall.[/quote']

Would you mind telling me how can I do that? :)

I don't know your firewall. Check its documentation? Just allow ALL traffic for µTorrent.

I checked it and there's no problem there. It allows all the traffic. I just noticed something else. At the bottom of the screen it writes: 'DHT: Waiting to log in'. Perhaps, that is the problem?

No, it wasn't a firewall problem. I had even turned off the firewall and still won't download anything.

I tried something different and it worked. I unistalled and re-installed μTorrent a couple of times and it works fine now. Not sure what was the problem after all.

Thanks for your help though!

I've used utorrent for bloody ages... now it won't download the show/movie after I use the magnet-link from the internet... I can see it in the list, but it won't donwload at all.... PLEASE HELP... and note... i DO NOT UNDERSTAND COMPUTER TECH TALK... SO PLS EXPLAIN IT TO ME... :-)

...after uninstaling and then reinstalling, utorrent is telling me to check my internet connection as the connection is "closed by peer"..... I have no clue what to do! Grrr.....

Archived