My utorrent client won't open at all even after reinstalling

keithyface

I recently was told by Bittorrent that I had to upgrade from what client I was using into the newest one.

then the problems.

I tried to open the client and nothing happened (except it was still running in task mngr)

everytime i tried to end process nothing happened until i went into safe mode and deleted all the clients

i had on my machine.

then i tried to download and open utorrent but all that happened after i clicked on run was.. nothing and a few minutes later I got this notification saying that Utorrent was already open and not responding and please end all utorrent processes.

I searched on the threads and found those elusive settings.dat and OLD files and deleted them but my client still wont open.

Help?

I never had any problems until i had to upgrade :///

Hi everyone....

Yea I have the same shit happening, did update to latest version now my 19gig torrent on hold, I never update untill i have read a little bout the update (bad mistake)...:mad: :mad:

uTorrent is running in task manager but that is all its doing.......

PLEASE HELP :( :( :(

When I say all of your settings, I mean actually check "remove my settings" in the uninstaller.
Thanks for the input, however that was the first thing I did. I then made sure that all traces were completely eliminated (not just thrown into recycle bin). Seems that my computer is stuck on stupid in regards to "utorrent". No issues with any other program or application. Let me know if a solution comes up please.

Upgrade to stable releases only if you're not going to be testing for the Devs and Mods!

Before upgrading however you should always back up your settings and such...Just in Case!

OR

Run uTorrent side by side with the /recover method to preserve and separate each uTorrent versions settings.

Thanks for the input, however that was the first thing I did. I then made sure that all traces were completely eliminated (not just thrown into recycle bin). Seems that my computer is stuck on stupid in regards to "utorrent". No issues with any other program or application. Let me know if a solution comes up please.

Have you tried the 3.2 beta?

Actually,

I am getting the same thing. I cannot run the app at all nor can I reinstall it using the installer I got from cnet.

When i try to start the app, it just kinda starts to look like it might go, then it just stops with no error message or anything.

Also, I can't uninstall it at all

Help

Archived