File Not Found

YGSky

I've been using bittorrent almost my entire life, and I was using Azeurus as a torrent client to bypass University Security. However, I wanted to go back to bittorrent as my primary torrent client but when I try to download torrents it does not respond. I switched to utorrent hoping it would fix the problem but its the exact same.

Essentially what happened was Azeurus allowed me to download source torrent files or from magnet links, but I wanted utorrent to do that too. But now every time I click on a magnet link or even a torrent link, my utorrent does not pop up as it is supposed to. It simply redirects me to a "File not found" page.

Is there any way to make utorrent my primary torrent file and associate it with links clicked in Firefox so that they will open in my torrent client without me having to manually go through the entire trouble?

Are you using a proxy? In some cases, proxies won't pass the magnet link correctly to uT and you have to actually right click -> copy, then file -> add from URL.

Did you associate µTorrent with .torrent files? You could try reinstalling to make sure it's associated fully.

Archived