Jump to content

Error: Element Not Found on all downloads since update to latest beta


wiggy

Recommended Posts

Ever since I uploaded to the current Beta (3.2 Build 27215 32 bit) I have been unable to download any torrents.

The torrent starts fine and then either crashes partway through the download or gets to 100% and then, after it shows flushing to disk, crashes. In every case the message Error: Element Not Found comes up.

Prior to the update it all worked fine.

Please help as it's driving me to distraction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am also getting this exact problem, and am also not skipping files. It has started only since upgrading to the latest build. In other instances, the flush to disk message never appears, and it simply gives me an element not found error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upgraded to Alpha 3.3 and problem seems to have diminished but not totally gone away. Just a quick thought - could this be something to do with this PiratePay anti p2p software I've been reading about (giving false data) rather than a bug in Utorrent?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3.3 seems a lot more reliable than the last (3.2 Build 27215 32 bit) beta and the magnet links are working fine from this end.

Yep I tried rechecking the torrents several times - oddly enough 50% are showing the same problem with 3.3 as well which made me wonder if it's an external issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My file names also have not changed. Even when I force start or force recheck, after downloading normally for a few seconds, I am given the element not found error again. I can continually restart the download until it gets to 99.9%, at which point I will receive either a flush notification followed by element not found, or directly an element not found error. This makes these torrents/magnets effectively impossible to complete without a corrupted file.

Edit: I should also note that prior to 3.X releases, I never even once received this error. With 3.1, it would happen on occasion, typically one out of perhaps every 20 downloads, and was fixed easily by rechecking/force starting. With 3.2, this has happened to approximately half of all downloads. And, once it happens to a torrent, it is pretty much assured that I will be unable to complete the download regardless of how many times I restart it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can confirm the same problem, running 3.2 b27226 x86. Moved it to a different drive and changed the name from the default one but still got the same error. Keep getting ReadFile error and IO Error. Both drives have ample space.

*** Just to add, it kept giving me the message every few megabytes, had to 'Start' every time. Got fed up and installed 3.1.3 and it worked fine till DL was done and still no errors on the next torrent. ***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I've been using version 2.2.1 ever since it first came out, and only now am I getting my very first issue, therefore it has to be something random like a break in the code or something right? I successfully downloaded something earlier today as usual, then I went to download something else a few hours later, this happened. I tried a few other torrents, same thing. It starts downloading, and before it reaches 2%, it stops and gives that "Element not found" and fills the log with errors. Force download doesn't help at all. I am however still able to continue seeding something I downloaded almost a week ago. I'll try some methods to fix this:

- restarting the computer,

- re-install utorrent 2.2.1 (I'm stubborn that way :P)

- do a registry cleanup (probably won't help, but maybe worth doing)

- snoop around in the utorrent settings and folders and see what I can find

- report back here (with hopefully a reply on the fix)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...