Is it possible to switch back to the old interface?

PluckyP

While I appreciate the work you put into the new interface design and how you have tidied up some of the displayed information, I think you've gone a little too far in stripping down the displayed info. The sleeker design may be great if all you torrent are movies and TV shows but for everything else I now have to refer to the lower pane if I don't want to constantly squint at the screen to see anything.

I also can't for the life of me find out how to get the queue position numbers to show up in downloads even though the option to move an item up or down the queue is still in the context menu. If you're going to do away with the numbers you could at least have the torrents move relative to each other to indicate priority. Having an option to show more detailed information would be nice.

Anybody else having the same issues or have other favourite bits that have been left on the chopping block?

I don't quite remember how it was before, but I think a lot changed, I don't remember the play buttons before, the green, huge status bars (there were status bars, but much smaller), generally, the uTorrent lost its modest, micro look for me, though it's still working fast :)

It took me 20 minutes to figure out "torrent view" was now an icon on the upper right.. I appreciate all the hard work the developers put into this program, but the Zuckerberg approach (just deal with it) is not so cool.

I installed uTorrent 3 and after an hour of tweaking it back to the proper uTorrent 2 interface I was quite pleased.

And then it hit me - you can't change the row height?!

I use Win7 with the Classic theme and have no need for pointless white space.

I've since rolled back to uTorrent 2.2.1 Build 25302

In my eyes, uTorrent has always been the pinnacle of User Interface design.

It's saddening to think that if even the best example of GUI is starting to fail, what hope is there for other developers? What's next for uTorrent, a Microsoft Ribbon bar?!

When you've got users scouring the internet to find OLDER versions of your application, that should send out a clear message that what you're doing is wrong and a step backwards.

I installed uTorrent 3 and after an hour of tweaking it back to the proper uTorrent 2 interface I was quite pleased.

And then it hit me - you can't change the row height?!

I use Win7 with the Classic theme and have no need for pointless white space.

I've since rolled back to uTorrent 2.2.1 Build 25302

In my eyes, uTorrent has always been the pinnacle of User Interface design.

It's saddening to think that if even the best example of GUI is starting to fail, what hope is there for other developers? What's next for uTorrent, a Microsoft Ribbon bar?!

When you've got users scouring the internet to find OLDER versions of your application, that should send out a clear message that what you're doing is wrong and a step backwards.

I registered just for this. Too big row height is completely ruining everything to me. Before I could have tiny utorrent window and see up to 15 torrents, now I see six (!) in the same sized window. Is there really no other way to correct it to how it was before the last update? If not was 2.2.1 really the last one with old interface?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using utorrent for years and have been quite happy with the look and feel of it, until recently. Pastel colors on a white background? seriously? I now get so sick of looking at the screen because of its brightness that i have stopped using utorrent. Today i decided to try one last time to see if there was anything i could do to change the user interface to the way it used to be...(i.e. black background) but all i could get were stupid "button skins". Just like g-mail with its new look, and facebook with its disgusting timeline, utorrent has caved and instead of being different, they are now lemmings. I for one refuse to jump off the cliff because the lemming in front of me did so. Time to find a better torrent client people.. Utorrent R.I.P. 6-23-2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the developers for an excellent program.

However, I had to go back to version 3.0. Because in new versions in "add a new torrent" dialog i have this stupid and totally unnecessary "Name" field. Why, why this nonsense is now available in all new versions, and it can not be disabled???

Please, do something with this field. I can not even clear it! If I need to create a folder, then I'll write it in the "save as", as it did before. This is many times faster and more convenient.

• 4 months later...

Archived