Computer crashes and goes to blue screen since upgrading to 3.1.3

sandymess

Since upgrading to 3.1.3 a few days ago, my computer crashes and goes to Windows Blue Screen every time I try to download something. It downloads for a while between 20 to 30% and then shuts down. It worked fine before that. Any ideas to correct this?

could be hardware.

but try to get into safe mode

reboot the computer and keep hitting the F8 key it will boot you to a dos screen, use the arrow to scroll to the safe mode and then click enter.

this will boot you into safe mode and the screen will look unusually large icons.

go to start then control panel, add and remove hardware, uninstall UTorrent, then reboot your computer

if it boots normal then install UTorrent again.

if it does not then it seem to be a hardware problem, possibly ram.

let me know as I will return here in 8 hours with a reply for your next question

Uninstalling and re-installing did not work. Unfortunately the crash happened while I was out and the computer restarted on its own, so no error message. It just says it recovered from a serious error. I know it is from uTorrent 3.1.3 because I had no issues previously and nothing happens at any other time other than when I am attempting a dl.

Hi guys,

I also confirm this problem.

"Since upgrading to 3.1.3 a few days ago", i do the same with my two computers few days ago(one with windows 7 Ultimate, second with Windows Server 2008R2), and both have blue screen with same errors "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" in NETIO.SYS (this is not hardware problem)

Today i debug Crash dumps and provide it for analysis: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20625454/Crash%20dump%20Analysis.zip

The problem is with your network drivers. Upgrade them. The other possibility is your firewall, if you're using a third party one.

uT is a usermode app. usermode applications, by design, cannot cause BSODs in Windows. Only a driver or kernel-mode app (such as a firewall) can do this.

I use only WHQL lan drivers on both computers(latest WHQL), no firewall or other netwatch application (firewall only on hardware router). This problem not persist before upgrading to version 3.1.3. on both computers.

If you look at the crash dumps, you can see the same problem on both computers with different hardware upgraded to verion 3.1.3 in same time, do not you think it strange?

If i can help you with solving this problem, i ready provide any techical information.

Hi guys,

Update driver to latest version did not solve this problem, today i have same bluescreen.

I have "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" device id:10EC-8168

Fresh drivers downloded from: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

I again provide crash dump for analysis: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20625454/Crash%20dump_05_26_2012.txt

You can see the same problem.

hi guys i come with news. i tried the beta version and also the bittorrent version , both give bsod. the bsod appears when the client start downloading.idk if this happens when there is no download but only upload.currently i`m using another torrent client and bsod doese:lol:n`t happens anymore. (sorry for mistakes). :cool:

Hi guys,

Passed two days without utorrent 3.1.3 , and I do not get any blue screen. Guys (developers), please check this version! it's realy NOT stable (prevision version not have this problem, i seed 24/7 and don't have this problem with prevision version).

If anyboady have the same problem with utorrent 3.1.3 please share your crash dump for analysis.

(you can find it on %systemroot%\minidump\Minixxxxxx-xx.dmp or %systemroot%\Memory.dmp)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is my case! Also my computer shuts down when downloading a torrent with all the blue screen! I use utorrent 3.1.3! I deleted it and installed version 3.2, however, the same was happening and also with the beta version 3.2.1! Then I moved on bittorrent but the same story! The only change I made on the computer after that started all this is happening to me is that instead of Kaspersky Anti virus 2012 I install Kaspersky Internet Security 2012! I return Anti virus and I dont have any trouble with blue screen and shuting down my computer! This is my story!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I have the same problem. The funny thing is, that there are few torrents, that I have for some time in the client, and these don't cause any trouble. Last week I have downloaded a dvd without problem. But every other torrents seem to cause blue screen.

I tried more versions (3.1 not yet), but same.

I use win7ultimatex64, my drivers az up to date. Tried also safe mode, and without utorrent, was ok.

I post the message (it's hungarian, but i guess, you'll figure it out), and the .dmp file, hope it helps developing!

Thanks for yout time, hope it'll work soon!

.dmp

Probléma-aláírás:

Problémaesemény neve: BlueScreen

Operációs rendszer verziója: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Területibeállítás-azonosító: 1038

További információk a problémáról:

BCCode: d1

BCP1: 0000000000000028

BCP2: 0000000000000002

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: FFFFF880017726FD

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

A probléma leírását segítő fájlok:

C:\Windows\Minidump\101012-14461-01.dmp

C:\Users\Pali\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-28750-0.sysdata.xml

Olvassa el online adatvédelmi nyilatkozatunkat:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x040e

Ha nem érhető el az online adatvédelmi nyilatkozat, olvassa el az offline változatot:

C:\Windows\system32\hu-HU\erofflps.txt

Archived