Ports is not open?

sdjensen

I have recently moved to a new house. I still have the same broadband moden with the exactly same setup. However it doesn't seem like I can upload from my new location?

When I see the uTorrent client I have a green circle with a check mark in the bottom of the screen, but when I click it and run the network test I get "Port is not open"

What Can I do? I properly have a new ip adress from moving, does uTorrent cache the ip?

uTorrentPortForward.png

Kind Regards,

Søren

Anyone??

I can add that my upload hasn't been nonexisting since I moved? I really can't see that anything should be different than before I moved? Like I said - samt broadband router with the same settings - it is only my external IP that has changed....

Even files that I have downloaded after I moved is uploaded, was suspecting some IP messup with the old ones, but that doesn't seem to be the case...????

Help me, Jebuz

• 3 weeks later...

The green check got nerfed as a useful indicator long long ago and no one bothered to fix it. Did you check out the faq and portforward links in the dialog? Your port needs to be forwarded to receive incoming connections. Also since you moved you should do a bandwidth test to make sure your settings are still appropriate, even if your ISP and current tier are supposed to be the same.

I had to set my router to use UPnP with my router, so it automatically open the ports needed. I really don't like this solution, because I can no longer control what ports are opened in my router, but it was the only solution I could get to work.

Archived