Static IP but port not forwarding

Sublime_Rick

I'm sorry if this has been answered already elsewhere, but I couldn't find it using the search engine. I changed my IP from dynamic to static because the uTorrent set-up guide tests said "Port is not open (you are still able to download)" with a yellow check-mark. I was also having speed problems - my download speed when I completed the speed test was almost 900 kbit/s, but the maximum I am able to download torrents is about 100 kbit/s (12-13 kB/s). I've already tried every modification/alteration I can find to increase my speed, including "Common Procedures", "Best Practice", and many others, so I have concluded that it must have to do with the port not forwarding. I thought when I switched to a static IP, the port problem would be fixed, but it wasn't. I changed the IPv4 properties/settings manually first and then used PF Static IP to double check my work. There is a second computer (a Dell desk-top) in another room with a Ethernet connection to the same DSL modem that also has the same port forwarding problem.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

I don't know if any of the following will help, but here's my information:

Sony Vaio Laptop

Windows 7 Pro

Centurylink DSL Broadband (formerly Qwest)

Actiontek PK5000 modem/router

Wireless LAN (Intel Advanced-N 6250) using modes 802.11b/802.11g

Utorrent 3.1.3

Norton Smart Firewall (with exception for uTorrent)

Running PeerBlock

Anything else you need just ask me

**I checked my port at canyouseeme.org and it could not see my port

I finally got my port forwarded using the free program "Simple Port Forwarding 3.3.0"

and even though it did what was promised, my download speed hasn't increased.

I think I'm just going to have to wait until I can get a cable connection instead of DSL because I can't think of anything else I can possibly do. I thought the solution was port forwarding but I was wrong.

Archived