Can't pick files to dload

Jaywalk275

I upgraded recently (started uT and it said new version available, I hit ok, now 3.1.3).

Before I upgraded, when I started a torrent, a window would come up listing the files I was about to d'load.

I could check or uncheck what I wanted to d'load, such as only 3 albums instead of a whole discography.

Since the upgrade I don't get this window, the full torrent just starts.

I did look thru pref's and the help files, but honestly, I'm not sure what this window is called or what to search for.

Hope I explained that clearly enough.

TIA

J

ps.... this seemed like a lightweight question so I didn't put it in the troubleshooting forum. Move it if needed.

Skip the 3.1 version and update to a 3.2 version of utorrent. The 3.1 series appears to have quite a few issues surrounding it. With a 3.2 beta version you will have a box come up that allows you to choose which files you wish to download before they are loaded into utorrent.

I have had the same problem in the last few versions of utorrent...but it only occurs when I have to use a "Magnet" Link. If I use the "Download Torrent" the selection page appears as you would expect.

I have tried installing 3.2 in both 32 and 64 bit versions..unsuccessfully. Even if I delete the utorrent.exe file from the directory, when I run the install exec it immediately opens the old version of utorrent. I suspect that the file is still in memory? So I may have to reboot and then run the install?

Andreasvb meant to say.

The solution is to click OK on the dialog box, then manually pick the files from the "Files Tab" once the torrent is added, and starts to download, or use the beta version (which I need to test), or wait until the beta version is released, and refer back to option one.

Archived