utorent wont download anything...

inverno4661

hello, i was happily using utorrent, downloading files and it was working. i updated it to 1.3.3 and now it will not download anything. there is one torrent that has about 17 000 seeders(acording to pirate bay) but when i go to download it, 1 person, for a about 20 min shows up. it has been like this for me everday for the past week or two. and i have 5 other torrents just like that and wont download.

is there a certin port that i have to use or what? because im really confused, and when there is all the symbols, like UPnP and stuff all like that i dont know what the heck it is. so if you could help me figure this out it would be great. thanks.

1st, what's the v1.3.3? Latest stable is 3.1.3.27220.

Did you upgrade over the top of existing uT or uninstall / reinstall? Once in a while, upgrading over top of any app doesn't go right. If you don't have latest stable, get it & do a clean install. Might want to back up settings.dat file for your prefs (or might be better to go thru the setup wizard to go back to more default settings.

You sound like might need to read Ch. 1 in the Help manual to get some background. No, don't have to use a special port, unless using a proxy. If not, on Connection tab, Proxy Type should be "None." As far as "UPnP & stuff like that," default settings from installation should be fine, unless you have a special situation.

If you're doing a lot of d/l, could be your ISP limiting torrent traffic. Can check this list for known "bad" ISPs - though may not be conclusive http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Bad_ISPs#United_States_of_America. If that's it, can keep them from seeing what you're d/l by changing in BitTorrent section, encryption - outgoing for Forced; UNcheck allow incoming legacy connections. That may limit the # of seeds/ peers, but if throttling ISP is the prob, it may help,

can check out site like this for more details http://www.ajarnforum.net/vb/computers-technology-and-the-internet-in-thailand/17365-utorrent-the-complete-guide.html.

This site has articles on just about anything torrent, imaginable - http://torrentfreak.com/

Re: torrents w/ thousands of seeds. Those can be anti file sharing groups, setting up fake torrents. Depending on content (copy righted), can be law or legal groups setting up fake torrents to catch violators.

Hello, i figured it out. I went to this cite and it was 10 tips to speed up d/l and the first was the max no. Of connections. So it said to goto ancite call speed.io and i did so, i looked at the connections it said that it gave me, i put it in the global max no. Of conections and it worked instantly.. Suddenly about 100 invisible peers were uploading. Numbers.. I had it set at like 10 000 000 or something like that. I now have it set to 898. But the wierd thing is is that i never had the problem before i updated. And indont know the version, it said 1.3.3 before and thats what it says now. But i did update. Well i guess this post can be closed.. Thanks

Glad you found a solution. Share more details w/ others that may have similar probs, now or later.

i figured it out. I went to this cite and it was 10 tips to speed up d/l ... it said to goto a site call speed.io ...connections it said that it gave me... it worked instantly

What tips site? It can be helpful to others if posters give (on any forum) details - in your case - the actual site link they found that helped.

And indont know the version, it said 1.3.3 before and thats what it says now

You're using uTorrent? We're waaaay past any v1.x in uTorrent. In uT UI, clicking Help>About says 1.3.3? Or even at top of the main uT GUI? Would seem something's wrong - not using Windows, using a really old uT vers., or using another client, etc.

Archived