U torrent keeps saying "error access is denied"

mysticdreamer

My computer crashed and I purchased a new tower with a different OS. I have an external harddrive that I had my downloads on that were partly finished. One file is 80.7 gigs and when I try to have it finish downloading it says the above reference. "error access is denied" Could anyone tell me if I am missing something or suggest anything that I can do to have it finish the file.

Thanks in advance for any information you could send me :)

I am having this exact same issue. The only difference is that....nothing happened. uTorrent just started to give "Error: access is denied" messages. It was working, downloading several torrents, then for no reason, the error started happening on all torrents. There was no software install, no crash, no reboot, nothing.

I have verified that I have full permissions on the download folder and all folders as I am the only user on this PC.

• 2 weeks later...

hi..... this is doing my head in.. I have the same problem.. PLZ help.. please feel free to email me at fsyd71@yahoo.com...

I have followed "everyone's" instructions - even tried running the 'regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll' through DOS to no avail... I'm sad as this was once "so easy" and now i've spent hours just trying to "get access" to any torrent.. please help please help

btw.. it worked last time I ran utorrent.. and i've not changed anything at all..

btw pt2... i am trying to remove the read-only from the folders properties but i notice it keeps flicking back to 'read-only' - any help for a very frustrated lady would be appreciated :-)

Archived