How To Auto-continue Downloading After The Last One Is Finished?...

sleeplessrevolution

Hi I have a problem because I use to leave utorrent active while downloading and I usually download only 2-3 files while going to sleep so that it would be fast. But the problem is when all the 3 files downloaded were done already the other files next to it won't start downloading automatically? So I felt it would be more efficient if there is an automatic download start after the other file are finished downloading already?

Is this automatic download start after the last one is finished feature already present in Utorrent? Thanks everyone any help is appreciated. ^_^

Please look at the "Seeding Priority" and "Torrents" section of the preferences.

It is already in place. Make sure the ones behind your initial ones are queued.

Im sorry sir, I didn't quite understand what do u mean?.. actually i meant auto start downloading after the last one is finished not auto seeding or seeding priority? sorry sir im not so familiar with the terms myself. maybe u can explain thoroughly. Thanks sir

Default behavior:

There are two queue pools

1> Downloading

2> Seeding

Torrents that have completed downloading but have not reached seeding goal end up in the seeding pool.

Torrents that have not completed downloading end up in the downloading pool.

When the client is set to have "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks" it downloads to completion, seeds to seeding goal, then moves on to the next torrent in the downloading pool.

When the client is NOT set to have "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks" it downloads to completion, then, depending on the settings, the torrent either starts seeding (when you have more active torrents than active downloads) or gets queued for seeding for after all downloading is complete.

Default behavior:

There are two queue pools

1> Downloading

2> Seeding

Torrents that have completed downloading but have not reached seeding goal end up in the seeding pool.

Torrents that have not completed downloading end up in the downloading pool.

When the client is set to have "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks" it downloads to completion, seeds to seeding goal, then moves on to the next torrent in the downloading pool.

When the client is NOT set to have "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks" it downloads to completion, then, depending on the settings, the torrent either starts seeding (when you have more active torrents than active downloads) or gets queued for seeding for after all downloading is complete.

Thanks for elaborating sir. So can I check the "seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading task" and then adjust the seed value to 0% and limit the upload rate to 0kb/s in order for me to test if it works? And if it works ill just need to adjsut it back so i can seed and upload normally.

Did i get it correct sir?.. if not can you pls tell me the exact step by step setting selection son i can activate the auto download the next file after the last one is finished.. Thank you very much

µTorrent already does this. When you complete a torrent, it gets stopped, and µTorrent moves onto the next torrent in the queue. Just start all the torrents you want to download, and µTorrent will set everything up for you.

Thank you very much Ultima, I reckon if it is already a default then it should auto start after the last file is finished downloading already but it didn't.. So is might be a bug or i might need to reinstall Utorrent?..

Wowsers. Firstly, run the Speed Guide, if you haven't already. Secondly, did you press start on all the torrents?

I didn't press start to all torrent file. I have 9 torrent file and only 1 is active, so the 8 files were inactive. I did this to see if it would really auto start after the last one is finished. but nothing happend so far..

All the torrents you want in the queue have to be started, like I said. And again, run the Speed Guide, as I highly doubt you have a 50-100mbit upload pipe...

I can't run the speed guide because of java incompatiblity. But im familiar with my connection its DSL 1mbps. And my maximum dowload is 80-85kbps. Btw, What do this thing got to do with auto starting even a single torrent file at a time only?..

You have DSL 1mbps?

What's your upload speed then?

Upload speed is often the limiting factor for how fast a torrent completes downloading and certainly is THE limiting factor for how quickly you can seed it to at least 100%.

Number of upload slots, max number of connections, max connections per torrent are all important too...set any of those too low or too high ...and download and/or upload speeds suffer.

Furthermore, I didn't want to start all the torrent files altogether at the same time as it drags my speed down very much. If possible I only want to open one(1) torrent file at a time. So problem is, when i fall asleep and the last file is finished already. It won't auto-start to the next torrent file it should suppose to do. I don't see anyone got this problem in Utorrent so it must be weird for me?...

That's why I said to run the Speed Guide. You're not supposed to have that many max active torrents, and that's the biggest factor in affecting the queue. If you have that option set properly (which the Speed Guide will do for you, if you know the correct upload speed), then you can safely have all the torrents start without worrying about speed, and this whole thread would be a non-issue =T

Ultima: I dont have many active torrents. I only have one "1" active torrent at a time. I don't think this will affect my queue? Moreover, I don't want to start all my torrent files at the same time. and like i said earlier I only start one torrent file at a time only. What I was asking is if there is an "auto start" to the next torrent file feature in Utorrent if that last torrent file i was dowloading was finished already?

You have DSL 1mbps?

What's your upload speed then?

Upload speed is often the limiting factor for how fast a torrent completes downloading and certainly is THE limiting factor for how quickly you can seed it to at least 100%.

Number of upload slots, max number of connections, max connections per torrent are all important too...set any of those too low or too high ...and download and/or upload speeds suffer.

my upload speed is 35-40kbps and "just to test" the auto start function i temporarily set the seeding ratio to zero so that when download is completed it will automatically say "finished" in the status, which means it has also finished seeding already. That way it would take less time to easily see if it will auto start one of the inactive torrent files i have after the last one is finished already.

Don't quote the post directly before yours, and don't double post.

I basically just want to test if the instruction is okay and then go back to seeding normally which is 100%. It's only a testing so why would u need to wait for so long. Pls post something that may help this topic and not make a subtopic out of it. And for the record i got it already. Thank you ultima and those who tried to help me. Thank you

Don't quote the post directly before yours.

@sleeplessrevolution: You're not understanding me here, I wasn't saying you had that many active torrents, I said you shouldn't set the maximum allowed to "20 maxmum number of torrent download/upload"... Just use the Speed Guide, select xx/384k, and press "Use Selected Settings". Everything should be set properly after that.

And there's no quick way to test this unless you have a small torrent. You have to finish downloading and finish the seeding priority, then µTorrent will move on in the queue =T

Archived