Peers > Peers

xtf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I may be wrong on any of the following:

I do not think you can look at Seeder and Peers columns as a definitive. I do not know how uTorrent keeps track. But initially they do get a list of Seeders and Peers from trackers. From there you have a Set of Seeders and Peers - some will be duplicates (the same IP reported from more than one tracker). So you have a basic list (I would think that would be the Seeders and Peers displayed on the main screen is from this list). From that time on each update of a tracker changes the list. And what I think happens is any new IP's reported are added to the list. But NONE are removed from the list. The only way uTorrent can remove an IP would be to reprocess all of the trackers at the same time. Now I suppose an IP could be removed from the list if it timed out on an open, etc. But as long as you are sending/receiving data from an IP it would remain in the list - regardless if there were not any trackers reporting. (I have had on occasion counts in the Main window of a Seeder/Peer, but when I look at the tracker tab - zero Seeders/Peers reported. Of course if I stop and restart uTorrent those are gone)

Again of course I could be all wrong. It could be just a bug. uTorrent has had a couple from time to time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
No.

BTW, shouldn't Peers be labeled as Leechers actually?

Or is it really seeders + leechers?

No. because "leechers" are really only valid on a private tracker where the count of people who have downloaded and then removed (hit and run) it from their client is known or recorded

A torrent client only 'knows' who many actual clients are reporting they have at least ONE piece of the torrent to the trackers, the clients on machines where the files may reside but are not in the list CANNOT be reported.

Archived