Doesn't show files when starting

sunshyne05

Whenever i try to download something, it has the pop-up start menu, the one that shows what file you want to download, you can select all or select none...the files don't show up on it. I can download them still, but i don't have the option on which ones i want to select. It only happens on 1 website, and the only way i can get it to show the files is if i click to download the file several times. For example, I click download, the pop-up box comes up not showing the files, i X out of it, repeat about 2-3 more times and then the files show up.

If you are downloading magnets then there is no file information to show you - until the torrent is downloaded. Since you do not say what version of uTorrent you are using - you should know that the method has changed in the beta or alpha version. You can try it - or not. Search this site - this issue has been discussed almost everyday for the last six months.

If you are downloading magnets then there is no file information to show you - until the torrent is downloaded. Since you do not say what version of uTorrent you are using - you should know that the method has changed in the beta or alpha version. You can try it - or not. Search this site - this issue has been discussed almost everyday for the last six months.

sorry, im using the latest version. Also, im not looking for the file info...i am trying to get it to where i can unselect file. Say i want to download a book, but can only find it with the whole series, but i already have the rest in the series except one. Its not giving me the option to unselect the ones i dont want to download on the pop-up start screen. It says "select all" or "unselect all" or "start"...but the white box that shows the files is blank.

sunshyne05: It is obvious - or at least should be - that uTorrent does not know which site you download torrents/magnets from and selectively - based on a specific site - not show you what files are available for downloading or not. Torrents and magnets are different. If on all sites (except the that specific one you are trying to get a torrent) show you the dialog box that displays the ability to de-select specific files within the torrent THEN uTorrent is working correctly. Magnets (and you may not know you are downloading magnets) only contains a url of a tracker that has a list of seeders/leechers who have the torrent. uTorrent then downloads the torrent. And you go on from there.

When you say you have the lastest version - what does that mean? Latest stable? Latest beta? Latest alpha? During the course of roll out of beta(s) and/or alpha(s) versions there was a change on how magnets are handled - again if you had searched ...... If you want to use magnets - you have to live with the way it works - until they change how they are handled (again). It should be noted that the amount of time between starting a magnet and the time you receive the torrent can vary. If you are always expecting an immediate response to your request for the torrent - it is not going to happen.

Archived