The torrent you are trying to add is already in the list of torrents?

Tem

I installed the alpha version, to see if it helps with the weird cache issues of the stable version. It did. But when I tried to add a new torrent, it crashed and after that I can't add that torrent without the error in subject. I even went back to latest RC version, but it still gives me the same error.

So where is it and how can I remove or force add it?:/

Needless to say, it isn't visible anywhere. Not in the torrents lists on uTorrent itself, nor in the folder where uTorrent saves the torrent files.

I uploaded a screenshot, you can view it here:

http://aijaa.com/0050410453513

As you can see, it's not in any torrents lists and no, hitting F7 doesn't show it either (just to prove I did my search! :lol: ). And nothing on the logger either.

And it doesn't matter whether I hit Yes or No, nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. :/

Edit: Oh and the magnet/torrent itself is fine, it starts on another client. I'd just rather use uTorrent.

I'm running 3.2.1Beta (build 27554) and I've been experiencing the same problem since yesterday. Trying to add new torrents and having the message come up saying torrent already in list and asking if I want to add the trackers to it. As per the OP, I have confirmed the torrent was not listed and hunted for the files relating to it.

Any information on how to proceed would be much appreciated.

Just a quick follow up with more info.

If I click on a torrent link, after a brief pause the uT client takes focus on my desktop as usual. But then nothing further happens. The torrent isn't added, no error or message.

If I click on a magnet link it continues to do the torrent already in list thing.

• 4 months later...

SOLUTION: If the sidebar is not showing, press F7 to display the sidebar. If you click Torrents, you will most likely NOT see the missing torrent that is causing all of these problems; however, if you click on Labels and sort by Name, you should find the torrent in the list. If you click on the + next to Labels to expand the tree, you should see a label titled Hidden. Your torrent should be in that Label location. Either way, this should be the torrent causing these problems. From here, simply click on the torrent, delete it and the torrent data, then add your torrent or magnet link again.

I stumbled across this while cleaning up my labels a couple of hours after doing an extensive search for this issue and finding no useful information in either the µTorrent forums or the BitTorrent forums. After finding this issue and knowing how frustrated it was making me, I knew that those of you experiencing this issue who I'm sure have also been frustrated could use this solution. Voila! I sincerely hope that this helps. Now go forth and be fruitful, seeding your shares when you can. :cool:

SOLUTION: If the sidebar is not showing, press F7 to display the sidebar. If you click Torrents, you will most likely NOT see the missing torrent that is causing all of these problems; however, if you click on Labels and sort by Name, you should find the torrent in the list. If you click on the + next to Labels to expand the tree, you should see a label titled Hidden. Your torrent should be in that Label location. Either way, this should be the torrent causing these problems. From here, simply click on the torrent, delete it and the torrent data, then add your torrent or magnet link again.

I stumbled across this while cleaning up my labels a couple of hours after doing an extensive search for this issue and finding no useful information in either the µTorrent forums or the BitTorrent forums. After finding this issue and knowing how frustrated it was making me, I knew that those of you experiencing this issue who I'm sure have also been frustrated could use this solution. Voila! I sincerely hope that this helps. Now go forth and be fruitful, seeding your shares when you can. :cool:

Thank you! This is the solution I've been looking for. If you've updated while adding another torrent, it becomes hidden. :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

you, sir, are a living legend

Archived