Conduit hijacking all search references

ping-pong2012

So besides uTorrent previously scanning for programs and advertising what I have installed, now it installs Conduit, which has completely hijacked all of my browser searches.

I uninstalled the toolbar.

Cleared all about:config entries with conduit in them

Cleared the registry of Conduit traces.

Made sure no foreign programs were running.

Even uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox.

THIS CONDUIT HIJACKING IS BS. I hope you and them get sued for hijacking search references with no regard as to how to remove the redirects. The only thing I can hope for is someone figures out if it's a .dll or something which keeps Conduit active.

If Conduit didn't clearly relabel the homepage as Conduit I probably wouldn't have even figured out what was making pretty much every web page hang for 10+ seconds, as even sites which use Google Analytics are hijacked.

I even checked my hosts file, if it's a rootkit I hope someone involves international laws.

Removing it from Firefox is pretty easy, please follow the instructions below:

Firefox uninstall instructions:

1. Open the Tools dropdown menu

2. Select Add-ons

3. Select Extensions

4. Click the Disable or Remove button for the relevant toolbar

Change your home page:

1. Click the Firefox button (or Tools menu in Windows XP) at the top of the Firefox window

2. Select Options

3. Select the General panel

4. Enter the URL of the web page you want as your default home page

5. Click OK

Change your default search:

1. Click the down arrow in the Firefox Search bar (in the top-right corner of the Firefox window)

2. Select a new search engine

If you need further assistance, please contact Conduit support team at http://support.conduit.com/HelpCenter/Question

• 6 months later...

Archived