Seeding speed stops/really slow.

inkko

I have a 8Mbps download speed and a 1.5Mbps upload speed. On average i download torrents at around 1.5MB/s and afterwards I like to seed back to the community. For some reason I seed at around 4kB/s max.

I followed the setup, firewall exceptions, and portforwarded; etc. I didn't change any settings in utorrent except for specifying a port number.

I haven't really cared about the upload speed until recently when i made my own torrent. the upload speed on my own torrent will get up to 300kB/s but my problem is my torrent is 21GB and the upload speed stops every now and then. I've uploaded 3.85GB in around 36hrs. uTorrent says 0 (1) seeds and 4 (15) peers. Sometimes it will say no incoming connections or all the peers will randomly be dropped. Sometimes it will even magically say there are 2 seeders plus even when I'm connected to the 4 peers I will not upload to them at all. Also under the general tab for my torrent it says 0 of 0 connected seeds.

It just seems really bizarre to me and would really like to know if this is normal or if i need to change some settings. Any help would be appreciated and if you need more information just ask me.

EDIT:

I've been using my laptop to upload my torrent and since its not working to well I tried my desktop and the weirdest thing happened. Both my laptop and desktop have fresh utorrent installs on them now. My laptop has a port forwarded to it and it passes the test but says no incoming connections. My desktop doesn't have a port forwarded for it and it passes the portforward test and actually connects to peers and uploads to them. Any ideas what could cause this? I'm baffled that my laptop doesn't get connections when its portforwarded yet my desktop does when it isn't portforwarded.

Archived