µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Social icon (fb & tw) in the status bar?

Why? I hate that shit!

PS: If you continue to add nonsense you have to change your slogan to: WAS a (very) tiny BitTorrent client. Please, keep only the core business in uT.

The icons go away once you have clicked on them and visited the page and don't appear to come back, or that's what it did for me (3.2.1.27999)

Is there a permanent way to get rid of this? (as it keeps reappearing).

It looks like they snuck this "featured content" without mentioning it in the changelog in version 3.2.1.27999

That just goes to show money talks and bulls**t walks thus the trust level we have for you will lower dramatically.

No option to disable it and it had to be added to the main gui...Shame! Shame!

The devs really did listen to the users...NOT!

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=123040

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=123284

I have a feeling you are going to regret adding this "featured content" and you better monitor future utorrent useage if this feature will become permanant.

Just because utorrent is the most used torrent client at the present time doesn't mean it's going to stay that way.

Since this doesn't show up in my client I have to assume there is some setting that needs to be changed. Too bad we have to guess what it is... Either that or it is a one-time thing, click once and it goes away... :(

bcdb17211898632.jpg

Hold Sh*t-F? when you open preferences.

In Advanced Options, filter for sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled.

Seriously... Should one need a rocket-science degree to control it ? ... Plus at the same time expose users to unrelated-undocumented-super-advanced settings that can kill them ? ;)

I have had troubles with downloading a newly added torrent using 27999 (and 27972): torrent status was "updating...", no seeders/leechers, waiting for hours and restarting uT didn't help. Reverting to 2.2.21738 did.

I have 4150 torrents in list. Port settings are as described here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=66471.

"Snuck in" something that's in plain site and impossible to miss? Hardly. :) But you're right, Beasly, it should be in the change log. I'll check on that.

Anyway, yes the offers are in the main gui as we said before; and yes you can disable the offers as we promised. It sounds like there is talk of a bug where offers come back after turning them off (you do this in advanced settings as naiduv pointed out) but I'm not sure if that's confirmed yet - we didn't see that internally. Maybe it's just confusion on the feature. You can click an x in top right to advance to he next offer and when no more offers are available the entire unit closes. But it comes back after a preset time. However that advanced setting naiduv mentioned should turn the offer unit off permanently. Let us know if that's not working. If there is a bug, we'll fix it.

It looks like they snuck this "featured content" without mentioning it in the changelog in version 3.2.1.27999

That just goes to show money talks and bulls**t walks thus the trust level we have for you will lower dramatically.

No option to disable it and it had to be added to the main gui...Shame! Shame!

The devs really did listen to the users...NOT!

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=123040

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=123284

I have a feeling you are going to regret adding this "featured content" and you better monitor future utorrent useage if this feature will become permanant.

Just because utorrent is the most used torrent client at the present time doesn't mean it's going to stay that way.

Bah' date=' that's too much work =P Anyway, when 27718 came out and changed how the Add New Torrent box looked, I downgraded to 3.1.3.27498, I've had enough of this silly tinkering of something that functioned and looked perfect for me.[/quote']

The old method was just bad. It didn't make a distinction between setting the path and setting the name of the subfolder. Plus now we don't have to do insane hacks for the LRU list of paths.

if it was THAT bad, why it existed in the first place? why so much requests to revert to that behavoir?

moreover: ..."It didn't make a distinction between setting the path and setting the name of the subfolder"... what does that even mean? why do i NEED to set the name of some subfolder?

and even more: if you have some problem with ..."insane hacks for the LRU list of paths"..., why users should be the ones, that have decresing usability?

ps: i just DON`T understand, why torrent name in torrent client list MUST be in torrent download path. and even MORE: WHY did you implemented second field ("torrent name", in "add torrent" dialog) if it is a PART of ANOTHER field?! (because it modifies download folder) i mean, how stupid is that?!! i`m afraid to ask: what next? 70 different fields for different letters and characters? "create a hash" minigame?

pps: spoiler tag for long quotes on forum?

"Snuck in" something that's in plain site and impossible to miss? Hardly.
Reading through all of your posts...the theme of fast and light and a return to the spirit of past µT clients is a fairly universal desire among other conflicting opinions. You will see changes in this direction as I've mentioned in previous posts. I know talk is cheap, so by all means judge us by our actions.

This controversial new added feature in plain site or not was snuck in because it was originally not mentioned in the changelog but I see it was added two days later.

Something this controversal and unwanted should not have been a surprise!

And I agree talk is cheap...

Roll those Dice!

In Advanced Options' date=' filter for sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled.

[/quote']

Seriously... Should one need a rocket-science degree to control it ? ... Plus at the same time expose users to unrelated-undocumented-super-advanced settings that can kill them ? ;)

Actually, no. This is a bug - it's designed to be in Advanced settings (no special keystroke required). This will be fixed.

"Snuck in" something that's in plain site and impossible to miss? Hardly.
Reading through all of your posts...the theme of fast and light and a return to the spirit of past µT clients is a fairly universal desire among other conflicting opinions. You will see changes in this direction as I've mentioned in previous posts. I know talk is cheap, so by all means judge us by our actions.

This controversial new added feature in plain site or not was snuck in because it was originally not mentioned in the changelog but I see it was added two days later.

Something this controversal and unwanted should not have been a surprise!

And I agree talk is cheap...

Roll those Dice!

Yes, the change log was updated two days later because you pointed out the omission, Beasly. I noted this in the change log. Thank you, again. We do make mistakes. By the way, we told users in this forum over a month ago this change was coming. I hope you weren't too surprised.

By the way, we told users in this forum over a month ago this change was coming. I hope you weren't too surprised.

Maybe you should be more precise on your plans or changes...

Some of your posts could be misinterpreted and sometimes misleading!

Bigfalls, read your post in quotes below...

Reading through all of your posts...the theme of fast and light and a return to the spirit of past µT clients is a fairly universal desire among other conflicting opinions. You will see changes in this direction as I've mentioned in previous posts.

Surprised, No....Disappointed, Yes

Done!

I will not be responding to this particular topic anymore..lol.

Ever since 3.1' date=' uTorrent has shown the uTorrent installation window when starting the client from a drive other than C.[/quote']

Please try build 28007.

I would but that build isn't available.

The latest build is now 28012. It takes a little while to 'permeate' through the interwebs, but you should see it soon.

Notably, we moved the ability to disable/enable offers to the regular advanced settings.

In Advanced Options' date=' filter for sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled.

[/quote']

Actually, no. This is a bug - it's designed to be in Advanced settings (no special keystroke required). This will be fixed.

Better change the change-log entry from 'Changed' to 'Fixed' for that "bug"... really... ;) I guess an appropriate help-text in the help-file wouldn't heart.

Archived