µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with hshh and rafi's design to let us chose if we want an auto subfolder or not.I was happy that before i could just manipulate the full path to whether put the torrent files in a subfolder or just dump them in the root folder i chose(which is sometimes needed).I think the Name filed should not interfere with the save path,but instead just be the name by which the torrent is displayed in your torrents list.Sometimes i am downloading same type files from several different torrents and want all the files to be in the same root folder.But since they are from different torrents i can't do that with the current versions because i am forced to chose a subfolder for all the torrents.I prefer the the way it worked in the 2.x builds(before the name field was introduced).Ofc i can workaround the current method by choosing a higher lvl root folder and choosing for name for all the torrents the same name(in order for all the files from the torrents to be saved in the same folder).But that will lead to multiple torrents with same names in my torrent list,which is messy and not a good solution too.I never understood the reason for the Name field in the first place.

Hi Everyone,

Here are the issues we are moving to later versions of utorrent.

I need to speak with the other developers to see which fixes will go in which versions.

A lot of these are from Rafi's list:

ADD TORRENT DIALOG ISSUES

-- Change Add Torrent dialog layout to be more like Virtual_ManPL's suggestion http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=684522#p684522

-- Expand the edit-lines,

-- be able to *not* use a sub-folder,

-- select if to use the "name" as a sub-folder or not etc.

MAGNET LINK ISSUES

-- "File not found during integrity check" messages

-- Add torrent Stopped / Started should apply to magnets

---b Added magnets are deleting existing files instead of re-checking them [#149]

---e "Copy Magnet URI" does not include the full trackers list in it

---a Auto-downloading tracker-less magnets from RSS will not auto-enable DHT, and will never download [#114]

---c Metadata retrieval time is long - ~2 min for new torrents (minimal seeds, but with uDP trackers) [#145]

---d Not able to skip files when added-stopped [#146]

Ability to skip 2nd AV dialog http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=683830#p683830

-- Win 8 problem reported by yukycg http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=681418#p681418

-2 Crash when running "setup-guide"->speed-test twice (Win 7) [* 96])

Layout problem with "add new torrent" dialog [beasly]

-5 Still issues with running utorrent.exe (w/o a local copy of settings.dat) from a path that is not on drive c: - utorrent activates the installer dialogs even if the settings files are already installed (located) in %appdata%\utorrent [* 136]

-8 No tooltips in the main view (for partially showing items, like in 2.2.1). It has gone missing . Long torrent/file names are requiring constant rearranging the columns' width!

-9 Change: Randomized Peer ID might not suit some private sites. An option is needed to enable/disable it

-10 The RSS downloader feature sucks.

Someone points out that the path column in the add torrent dialog is not filled out sometimes.

We looked into this. The path that is displayed in the "path" column is a relative path, without the filename.

Technically correct, but not very useful.

Which of these seems more useful?

* Add the filename to the path

* display "." for current directory

Q3kkx.png

I have just downloaded some files with the latest 3.2.1 28086 version of uTorrent. I deselected three texts files, but in the files section of uTorrent it says they have 100% downloaded and the bar is green, yet when I check in my download folder I have only got the files in there that I chose and no text files. So either uTorrent is giving false information or the files have been downloaded somewhere else, which is it.

Where your actual download is. Check in your preference->advanced filter->"part"

Nothing is *known* when it comes to utorrent. Just have to check and see.

Actually the logic should be - if you *do not* enable partfile - it should create any file needed to store partial pieces. If you do - this partfile should store them, and you shouldn't see any file except what you've selected.

is this the new stable?

on the download page it has "µTorrent Stable (3.2.1 build 28086)", but clicking on the on the Release Notes link underneath it points to µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Does anyone know if 3.2.1 fixes the problem where if I have utorrent monitor a directory for torrent to automatically load, it doesn't load files with unicode characters?

I am also running into an issue where I have utorrent setup to move my finished download to another drive. It does move it, but it moves all the files, files that I have explicitly marked don't download.

thanks

@Mac as far as i know even if you deselected some text(or any other files) files,by downloading pieces for the other files some of the pieces have data not only for your selected files,but also for the files you deselected.That is why you see them as 100% in your files tab for the torrent.But if you have the diskio.use_partfile setting set to true the data for the deselected files is stored in a "~uTorrentPartFile_(random numbers and letters)" file in the download directory.This file is deleted when you delete the torrent from uTorrent.If you do not have the part file setting set to true the files you see as deselected,but 100% would then also be present in your download folder(since as i have explained the pieces you are downloading have data for more than one file per piece).So its neither false info from uTorrent,nor the deselected files are downloaded elsewhere.its just how it works.Its best to use the part file setting and don't mind the 100% for the deselected files in the Files tab on the torrent.Maybe it is a good idea if they make the % for the deselected files in the Files tab to be always 0%(since they are not selected you don't actually have those files in the end).I hope i helped you understand how it works.

is this the new stable?

Yup.

on the download page it has "µTorrent Stable (3.2.1 build 28086)", but clicking on the on the Release Notes link underneath it points to µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

They've goofed it.

I am also running into an issue where I have utorrent setup to move my finished download to another drive. It does move it, but it moves all the files, files that I have explicitly marked don't download.

Perhaps a drop down box?

Delete partially downloaded content on torrent completion - Automatically

-Prompt

- Never

You don't have pre-allocation on do you?

Ryrynz: Before when I have it configured to move to a different directory on the same drive, partially downloaded content were always deleted automatically. not sure why this behavior changed when the move is to a different drive.

I do have pre-allocation enabled. why do you ask?

thanks.

I do have pre-allocation enabled. why do you ask?

because if you also disabled use_partfile, it can happen.

The truth is - uTorrent should be moving *only* selected files , regardless... By I'm sure someone else will be glad it does not...

I have just downloaded some files with the latest 3.2.1 28086 version of uTorrent. I deselected three texts files, but in the files section of uTorrent it says they have 100% downloaded and the bar is green, yet when I check in my download folder I have only got the files in there that I chose and no text files. So either uTorrent is giving false information or the files have been downloaded somewhere else, which is it.
I have to assume that you do not have "Pre allocate all files"

Probably the pieces that held the data for those files did not contain data for any other files, so were never requested, therefore the disc filing system has not created a reference to the file(s) that does not exist. The client marks them as complete because to all intents and purposes they are.

I have to assume here that you do not have "Pre allocate all files" because if you do, all file references, whether downloaded or not, is allocated space, and therefore a filename in the disc filing system.

Archived