µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

On the first post? Works for me... Or is it broken on the website?

Yes the one in the first post. (http://ll.download3.utorrent.com/latest/uTorrent-3.2.1.exe)

It waits for a long time then the browser says "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to ll.download3.utorrent.com".

Works in Google Chrome here (using version 22.0.1229.79).

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I close the "Featured Torrent"

Pref->advanced->sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled = false

Thank you rafi!!

I had to restart utorrent to get the "Featured Torrent" to not show. It actually crashed the first time I restarted it. Closed it via Task Manager & then restart...

Thanks again!

-Simon

On the first post? Works for me... Or is it broken on the website?

Yes the one in the first post. (http://ll.download3.utorrent.com/latest/uTorrent-3.2.1.exe)

It waits for a long time then the browser says "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to ll.download3.utorrent.com".

Not working for me. I tried with the latest versions of IE, Firefox and Chrome. Non of them downloads. Firefox says "The connection has timed out".

Is there a mirror for this file?

Not working for me. I tried with the latest versions of IE' date=' Firefox and Chrome. Non of them downloads. Firefox says "The connection has timed out".

Is there a mirror for this file?[/quote']

I think the problem is your connection, honestly... that's served via limelight, a worldwide CDN.

But if you need an alternate link, download it from our website. That's from our servers. http://www.utorrent.com/downloads

Hi, i'm ktxgio and this is my first post here :)

I want to report a possible bug: i was a happy utorrent 1.8.5 user, then i become a happy utorrent 2.2.1 user:) ten i use 3.1.3 release but i see some slow download speed so i tried utorrent 3.2.27636 and i return a happy utorrent user....but in these lastest days i notice that torrent that is in download and is in first place has a slow download speed... for example: i have to download 3 part of a file and i star the download of 3 files at same time; after one hour second and third part are about to 55-60% and first part is at 20-25% and has a slow download speed...but if i try to change numer of queue download (with arrow in Toolbar) i see that torrent that go in first place of queue decrease speeds and torrent that go in second place (first it was in first place) increase download speed in some seconds...or no later than a few minutes

i see this thing some days ago and i make some tests first of write here...

Do you notice this thing? Is this new 3.2.1 release affected to this bug? reading changelog i don't read a fix for this bug...so i ask to you if it is a real bug o is a bug of my configuration hw-sw... i havent't any particurar program installed but in the computing world there aren't certainties...

i use windows seven x64

excuse me for long post...and thanks for your time

Make sure you have a "green" check mark on lower hand right corner, if it's so and still speed is slow...

uTorrent has a tendency of slowing itself down to reduce network congestion for your htttp/ftp browsing... possibly uTP working.... but if the http/ftp session is very long and after it's completed, you would think uTorrent would kick itself back upto speed... but it just stays frozen in SLOW speed mode.

You must either restart uTorrent or the torrent itself before uTorrent will speed itself back up...... this "bug" has been around for a long time it seems. Perhaps, you might try the "Plus/Paid" edition... They may be crippling the "free" version....

Simon100

Nope :) uTP and DHT are off, and there was no any HTTP/FTP transfers.

>Perhaps, you might try the "Plus/Paid" edition... They may be crippling the "free" version.

Oh, it's very nice :o Think I'd rather try something else, another torrent-client. Or I want to read it from the creator of this program. If he will confirm that paid version of uT will work better than free - no problem, I will buy it. But I'm nearly sure that he will never confirm this.

I just now thinking what to do - whether I should try last build of 3.2 (I think it will be the same), or use something stable, like older versions (2.1/2.2 or others). Or search for another T-client.

DreadWingKnight

I guess for "proper settings" we also need to turn on uTP and DHT :rolleyes:

But again. When I don't have any active speed limit on 80/40 mbit channel, upload goes ~4,5 mbyte/s and download ~7,5/8 mbytes/s (Windows perfmon shows a little higher speeds on network interface). But as soon as I will limit upload speed to about 3000 kbytes/s, my download speed drops to ~4 (don't remember exactly) mbytes/s. When upload speed limit will be disabled - d-speed will jump to 7-8 mbytes/s.

But I can't use this program w/o upload s-limit - got TS3-server on that PC too and can see that TS3-serv will show packet loss and even if will ping that PC from enother ISP - after 15-20 packets we will see one lost packet.

For inet-surfing I use enother ISP.

Regarding Plus-version. From the beginning I thought that it's almost impossible, that paid version might work better. I guess everyone write this just half in jest :D

Using win8, I am not sure if win7 also have this toggle issue or not

1.open utorrent and pinned this program to taskbar

2.Under UI setting, enable "always show tray icon"

3.then minimize utorrent using the "-"button, and then double clicks on tray icons and this will disable the pinned utorrent icon on the task bar

4.I can no longer use the pinned icon unless I double click the tray icon.

Hi, Can you tell us how you launched utorrent, and if it's "installed"?

For me, as long as I have a green check mark at bottom right & restart uTorrent every few days, my speed seems OK... perhaps, a memory leak or something else causing other torrent clients to simply ignore uTorrent sometimes... A lot of clients such as Xunlei & Bitcomet will only upload to their own clients faster than 2-5KB...

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that I see people complaining about "slow" speeds on fiber and other >50Mbit/10Mbit rated downstream/upstream connections, while I'm stuck on a 15Mbit/1Mbit cable connection that I can easily fully utilize.

Which only shows that Einstein's theory of relativity - is valid for the Internet as well... :P

Hello. Tell me please, can I delete forever BitTorrennt LIVE which hangs in the top list of downloads? After you close it disappears but after starting program again hangs there?

Maybe asking the question on the BitTorrent support forum would get you an answer to that.

Zarggg

>Personally, I think it's ridiculous that I see people complaining about "slow" speeds on fiber and other

Ridiculous is speed limit algorithm in uT.

Now I have only upload jobs. ~4.4 mbytes/s w/o speed limit and only ~1.7-1.8 mbytes/s with 3000 kbyte/s limit. Thats what I have at the moment.

uTorrent Setup Guide settings for my speed ridiculous as well. 15 max active torrents? I'm using 5 different T-trackers and have heap of torrent jobs, because I can't (don't want) to track all the jobs and rating, so I have now 1,5 Tb of data for upload and dozens of tasks, so I need to lower all other settings. And if in this situation all works good but w/o speed limit, this means that speed limit is buggy or unfinished. Many of uT-users of one of the largest T-trackers (rutracker) also complain about it, as I remember, even from ver. 1.8 or so.

According to another recommendation (link to image) I need to configure uT like this. Got the same problems with speed limit.

Also I absolutely don't like new caching algorithm, earlier was better, but it is not so bad like a speed limit.

But thx to all versions of uT, I transferred about two hundred terabytes for three years easily, starting from 10/10 mbit channel. And it was even not 24/7 :/

28086 wasn't respecting my 'Put downloads in' Directory setting which was

C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Torrents\Downloading it stuck them in C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Torrents

Downgrading to 3.2 fixed it.

I think this is fixed in the latest beta (3.2.2).

Please post in the following thread if you still see this issue there.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=125214

Thank you!

Hello :( BitComet x64 1.34, a few days of use - without any problem limits the upload speed and does not react with download speed.

If I set limit to 3000 k/s, I will have 3200-3300 all the time. I set 2000, will get 2000 +100/200/300.

How so? :/ Does BitComet have an iron (cast iron? I don't know), stupid and simple speed limit? Can I get the same results on uTorrent?

Also - thx to x64 ver. program, it can use 6-7 GB of RAM for disk caching (helps with slow HDDs and many torrent jobs). When we will be able to download 64-bit ver. of uTorrent? :rolleyes:

Earlier, when uT had an old chaching algorithm, I could use many RAM for windows chaching (for read operations) also by playing with diskio.cache_stripe, but now I can't (can't to enable a stupid read caching, now we have only smart things). uT is too smart now :|

Archived