µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone really should have updated the beta thread with the changes in 27568 and also posted that this build was to be released as stable.. maybe even thanked the team for testing?

Perhaps worth noting for next time Adam :P

Also for what it's worth.. depending on the amount of time taken for 3.3 I hope they continue to bug fix 3.2.x if needed. uTorrent could use a proper stable base. People shouldn't still be recommending 2.2 so let's hope 3.3 finally puts the nail in the coffin.

When I normally stop a torrent and remove it there has always been a file (think it was a dat file) as well as the torrent. On earlier versions it used to go straight to the recycle bin, then it started ending up in a separate folder where my downloads go, but now it doesn't appear to be anywhere. I'm quite happy with this because it saves me deleting it, but just want to make sure it isn't going to somewhere else on my system. I'm using this latest beta version, hence put the post here.

Perhaps worth noting for next time Adam :P
P.S. I'm going to be away for a few days, so I haven't had a chance to read everything yet, but I'm really excited to see your ideas for the new Add Torrent dialog when I get back.

Maybe give the devs a break?... ;)

Someone really should have updated the beta thread with the changes in 27568

+1.. tho...

addnewtorrentredesigned.png

Sorry I missed this post and have just tried the select I tried to do so on part of the name. Such as *AF* using the *.* selection this didn't do as expected, it didn't choose anything. But as an example if it did work that would be a great addition. Not needed are the others .mp4 | .avi ect since the user can input that. All the box needs is *.* or * I think that would mean to others an input box for selection ?

Label input could be made larger for long label names. Do so maybe by having 'Skip hash check', 'start torrent' and 'add at top of queue' on one line below the label input. Where the label input size increased to be same size as the 'name' and 'save in' input

The 'don't show this again' what does it refer to (associated with the button below ?)

The button below 'don't show this again' unknown until selected

Do so maybe by having 'Skip hash check', 'start torrent' and 'add at top of queue' on one line below the label input

Good idea

The 'don't show this again' what does it refer to

To the whole dialog. So maybe: 'don't show this dialog again'

'don't show this dialogue again'

Agree but also placed elsewhere, then where would a more suitable place be.

The button to shrink the whole box maybe rename it to 'Advanced' instead (is a file selection really advanced !).

I would have thought a files selection would be default in a box like this. So would be in favour instead of removing this button since the box can be resized to how the user likes it to be, which is of more use.

Maybe give the devs a break?... ;)

I know he's away ATM, I wasn't suggesting he do it..it's just that he happens to be keeping tabs on things in the forum and there was plenty of time to say "Hey we're calling the next build after RC8 final!" Anyways...

Someone really should have updated the beta thread with the changes in 27568

+1.. tho...

Thanks, I'll just believe I scored two points tho. :)

Even +3 if that makes you happy... ;)

And suddenly.. bromance. ;)

Does having labels being treated as folders interest anyone? The current method makes me want to keep at least one finished torrent in the label just so I don't have to recreate it once it's deleted. :/

BTW, if anyone here use's Firefox or one of it's clones (Waterfox, Pale Moon etc) check out uTorrent Status, it's quite awesome. I managed to get the author to spit out a new version.

You can find version 0.3 here

"Put new downloads in:" has a directory assigned' date=' but the feature is not enabled.[/quote']

Enable it, and I bet you'll be fine :)

Tried it, made no difference.

Then it started crashing every time

went back to stable.

Does having labels being treated as folders interest anyone? The current method makes me want to keep at least one finished torrent in the label just so I don't have to recreate it once it's deleted. hmm

Yeah, I don't like it either :( It also conflicts with the "concept" of RSS labels, where you want to be able to assign labels to future downloads, and do not necessarily use existing/assigned ones. Also, being able to just delete a label is not such a simple task.

I think they will have to modify it, eventually, because of incomplete design.

- Bug when use automatic speed popup list when set custom download/upload speed (limit of 1 gigabit?):

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6568/55618878.png

- On the Logger tab message is repeated twice, when use portable mode:

NOTE: Settings file found in directory of executable; using that.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1668/92797997.png

..sorry for double post, pls del

What is that?

[2012-07-10 18:59:19] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\zdnko\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\remote-devpair.dat

[2012-07-10 18:59:19] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\zdnko\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\remote-devpair.dat.new

[2012-07-10 18:59:19] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\zdnko\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\remote-devpair.dat.old

What is that?

[2012-07-10 18:59:19] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\zdnko\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\remote-devpair.dat

[2012-07-10 18:59:19] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\zdnko\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\remote-devpair.dat.new

[2012-07-10 18:59:19] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\zdnko\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\remote-devpair.dat.old

+1

I made empty files with those names so that it would stfu. ;)

Also, that asian character Save In issue keeps reoccuring, it's a lot worse than I thought originally. I also see "Connection Timed Out" in my Save In history... sooo yeah..

Ever since 3.1, uTorrent has shown the uTorrent installation window when starting the client from a drive other than C.

I didn't know that. I have it on D: ... Where is your settings.dat file located ? Maybe it is bug in the "installer" , when settings.dat is not local

Try moving your *.dat files to the path your exe is in.

Archived