µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

Ever since 3.1, uTorrent has shown the uTorrent installation window when starting the client from a drive other than C.
It's in %appdata%\uTorrent, where it should be.
exe_path 31:F:\hdd.slave\Files\Applications

Seems correct to me.

confirmed :( as I said, to avoid that - you can just copy all your *dat files to the exe location, for now.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 'new' bug:

torrent downloaded from magnet won't get the "#" (order number) in torrent list,

restarting uTorrent fixes this,

it didn't occur when you won't wait for torrent information and manually start magnet,

it happens only when you wait for torrent information;

this can be fixed by simply adding "#" (order number) to all mangets

2. old bug:

adding magnet and not waiting for downloading torrent information,

next manually start magnet will download torrent,

when torrent will be downloaded, uT will automatically download all files in this torrent

occurring in latest stable µTorrent 3.2.27568

was fixed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27554 Beta 1

regressed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27605 Beta 1

FYI -

"Start torrent" under "Torrent Options" in "Add New Torrent" prompt is disabled

"Don't start the download automatically" under "UI Settings" in "Preferences" is enabled

I'm recommending for magnets:

-user won't wait for torrent information and want to add just only a magnet,

will result in adding only a magnet in stooped state,

when user will start this magnet, it will download torrent and prompt user with "Add New Torrent" window, like in Tixati and bloat Vuze

-user wait for torrent information - works good, nothing to change here,

but we need some more user attention there, so user will wait calmly for torrent info,

coloring and making bigger these animated arrows near "Waiting for Torrent Information" is a good idea, what you think?

1. 'new' bug:

2. old bug

regressed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27605 Beta 1

Your new bug is not "new" (8.d in here http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=646532#p646532 )

and your old "bug" is not a bug... :P At least not until they will provide proper control/option for it so not to break the whole auto-downloading concept for magnets from RSS feeds.

Plus - "3.2.1.27605 Beta 1' is a phantom release, till we'll see some change-log for it, and as you know, phantom bugs do not count... ;)

Plus - "3.2.1.27605 Beta 1' is a phantom release, till we'll see some change-log for it, and as you know, phantom bugs do not count... ;)

it's not phantom, just see first post and look on the bottom of the changelog :P

I didn't see it too on first glance, because newest info was always on the top ;)

and you can also add in your buglist this bug, it can cause data loss in some cases

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=113328

and it's extremely annoying

I am getting magnet links automatically added to utorrent without my asking for them. I can't remove them unless I start the download and then they get named and the download starts. I remove them but they come back. What have I done to make this happen? I tried 3.3 alpha and enabled promiscuous mode. I went back to 3.21. Could this be the problem? Anyway, what can I do to stop this because I have 43 magnet links and it is growing.

27605 appears to have incorporated my suggestion of keeping trailing \'s on the Save In line, fixing the bug where it would display the next directory up each time.

--Edit--

Bug/bad feature: It also seems we're not allowed to leave the Name line blank anymore, making it impossible to save a torrent's contents directly to the Save In dir. Workaround is to put "." in the Name line, but then of course your torrent gets named "." in the torrent list. :/

I recently updated to 3.2, from 3.0 I think, and now it is impossible to block uTorrents traffic by using Comodo Firewall. The only way to block it is by using Defense+ but then I can't make any exceptions to the block which I want when I am behind a VPN.

Anyone has similar experiences?

seems this version is quite buggy

with 3.2.1 Beta 27554 had no issues downloading data, however, in this version, I've noticed a bug that is causing my CPU to load bit more and make system to hang from 5 to five seconds or so (some sort of lag)

noticed that this is only when downloading

not sure how to trace the exact issue

willing to leave more info if you ask

Overnight i experienced the upload speed limit being ignored again, this is quite a problem for me, as uploads are included in my monthly quota, not to mention when it happens it kills my latency if i'm around.

I saw it mentioned on the previous beta thread so i didn't say anything, but im curious if this is being looked into, i know its a rare occurrence (at least for it to go more than 3k over) so its probably gonna hard to fix.

I reinstalled over my existing version of uTorrent

I meant - my previous post was fixed... I'm sure the devs will now look at it.

For now, if you can - you should backup the settings (who knows...), and try with a new settings.dat file - an empty one, or maybe an older one if you want to try save some time to re-configure. I think it happened to me once, and when I reverted back to an older settings - it disappeared.

You can also try use the file in my sig and change it to your needs...

Archived