µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

I'd really like to be able to skip files directly from the Add Torrent dialog. big_smile

And what is holding you up ? you can ... So no' date=' I am not taking this suggestion ... :P[/quote']

Whoops, I shouldn't go on forums after a 12h night shift... I meant RENAME files. My mistake.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like to be able to skip files directly from the Add Torrent dialog. big_smile

And what is holding you up ? you can ... So no' date=' I am not taking this suggestion ... :P[/quote']

Whoops, I shouldn't go on forums after a 12h night shift... I meant RENAME files. My mistake.

What for ? Is it that difficult doing it in the files tab ? But, feel free to try your luck with the devs...

Would anyone else like to see a dialog that went something like this?

Sample file found in torrent (Sample.mkv etc)

Do you wish to download and view this first? Yes / No / Skip.

Use the search and deselect from there enter (sample) if is in the version yet. Waiting for disk I/O problems and others to be fixed first before use a newer version.

Yes / No / Skip.

No ...

Like a knife through the heart rafi.

Use the search and deselect from there enter (sample) if is in the version yet. Waiting for disk I/O problems and others to be fixed first before use a newer version.

:P I know how to select/deselect it.. I was thinking if someone was downloading a fair amount of torrents that had samples things could be a little more friendly? More of the set and forget type of thing rather than having to tick/untick things all the time. There's been the odd time where I've downloaded samples when I haven't wanted to but there may be people who would like the prompt to download/view the sample before committing to downloading everything in one hit .. not rafi though, obviously a man who knows what he wants.. Oh well, carry on.

What for ? Is it that difficult doing it in the files tab ? But, feel free to try your luck with the devs...

A simple click-and-rename from the Add Dialog before the files get created would be easier than the way they get moved via the Files tab.

To summarize: Greater efficiency, ????, Profit! ;)

A simple click-and-rename from the Add Dialog

Whatever... it is not just a "simple click", you need this [...] select-folder button to click beside each file (or a "relocate" context menu).

Like a knife through the heart rafi.

:) Yes. They say that short and to the point is painless... So this was my short vote... :P

:P I know how to select/deselect it.. I was thinking if someone was downloading a fair amount of torrents that had samples things could be a little more friendly? More of the set and forget type of thing rather than having to tick/untick things all the time. There's been the odd time where I've downloaded samples when I haven't wanted to but there may be people who would like the prompt to download/view the sample before committing to downloading everything in one hit .. not rafi though, obviously a man who knows what he wants.. Oh well, carry on.

Maybe a setting to auto deselect any sample file but how would it know. Ok most group tv episodes are for example episode.name.S00E00.hdtv.group.mp4 or similar. But what happens when they are not like that ! Or maybe setting can be updated for others that differ to a default example such as .avi extension or other difference. Could be used for any other files someone doesn't want to keep editing for.

Or maybe part of the search since would be better paced than the settings, as search would be there when adding the torrent. Where the settings isn't for when needing to change or update for something else to auto deselect.

Whatever... it is not just a "simple click"' date=' you need this [...'] select-folder button to click beside each file (or a "relocate" context menu).

Not so.. why not have the Add Torrent Dialog filelist behave like a Windows folder in details-view? Click on filename, rename. Simple.

Whatever... it is not just a "simple click"' date=' you need this [...'] select-folder button to click beside each file (or a "relocate" context menu).

Not so.. why not have the Add Torrent Dialog filelist behave like a Windows folder in details-view? Click on filename, rename. Simple.

Because in the general use-case, people need to be able to change the folder too, exactly as they do now in the "Relocate" function.

Did I mention the word "remove", osmosis? I don't think so... Just thought that similar operations in both places (if at all) is more proper.

Plus, if I were you, I'd "invest" my energy in bugging them to do the long-click-rename in the files tab, instead... The odds are better... :P

Plus, if I were you, I'd "invest" my energy in bugging them to do the long-click-rename in the files tab, instead... The odds are better... :P

Do you think this'll work for the other long-promised or long-expected or long-hoped-for features like "changing-the-download-location-of-several-files/torrents-at-once" and others? :rolleyes::P

Yes (what do you have to loose?...) . And I don't remember this one above was ever promised...

If I could find the one in the idea bank (one day I'll bookmark it) and if I'm not completely mistaken there was something about "scheduled for version 2.x" written there... :(

Edit: found it! http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=635592#p635592 aaaaand http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=635622#p635622 (and maybe http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=635860#p635860 ) :D

Archived