µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[2012-07-30 13:02:00] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\remote-devpair.dat

[2012-07-30 13:02:00] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\remote-devpair.dat.new

[2012-07-30 13:02:00] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\remote-devpair.dat.old

this is problem for integrity torrent files ?

Change: don't allow empty names in add torrent dialog

Why has this change been made?

Now I'm forced to download a file/files in a folder when I don't want to. Seriously, why can't you just go back to the single box dialogue of ye olde days? It worked and functioned perfectly.

Does anyone know what the last stable version is where the dialogue box is the old style one?

Now I'm forced to download a file/files in a folder when I don't want to. Seriously' date=' why can't you just go back to the single box dialogue of ye olde days? It worked and functioned perfectly.

Does anyone know what the last stable version is where the dialogue box is the old style one?[/quote']

3.1, I believe. You're not the only one who doesn't like this change. A few pages ago, some of us posted dialog mockups that would permit the old behavior.

Now I'm forced to download a file/files in a folder when I don't want to. Seriously' date=' why can't you just go back to the single box dialogue of ye olde days? It worked and functioned perfectly.

Does anyone know what the last stable version is where the dialogue box is the old style one?[/quote']

3.1, I believe. You're not the only one who doesn't like this change. A few pages ago, some of us posted dialog mockups that would permit the old behavior.

Yeah when it was first implemented I asked if there was a way to get the old style back but was told "no" as it's a change which falls into some sort of line with the rest of the program.

I've gotten used to the two boxes, but it's always been buggy or had a behavioural problem, now they've changed something which I can't understand the reason for whatsoever. I mean if it was because of a bug, fine but otherwise, it's removing a basic ability and adding an annoyance when trying to download just the file/s without the folder.

It'd be nice to hear a proper explanation from a developer as to what was wrong with the single box dialog and what advantages the two box dialog offers because so far there haven't been any in my experience, only problems.

it's removing a basic ability

What basic ability is that? And what would be the name of that torrent if there is nothing in the "name" field?

The ability to download files without the folder they come in, it's existed since I started using uTorrent (1.6 is the earliest I can think of but I know was using uT before then).

Sure it's simple to just take the files out of the folder once the torrent has finished downloading, but for how I organise my files, it's annoying when you download torrents that have files packaged inside a folder that you don't need. Admittedly the majority of things I download are just video files with no folders so it's not a major issue for me, but it's still a change that will slow me down and annoy me when I do download such a torrent.

The name would revert to the name of the torrent file. If the user wishes to change how the torrent is identified in uTorrent itself, they can change the name without affecting it's download location, like you've always been able to do. Or for time saving sake, introduce an option to add a label if the name field is left blank, I'm pretty sure that's been suggested already. Personally I'm not keen on that as it just takes up more space on the whole Add New Torrent box, but it's somewhat of a workaround.

Like I said, it'd be nice to read an explanation as to why this two box UI is better as I must be missing something.

Maybe so... Look at the first post - this dialog is one of the things they wanted to improve here, and, I suppose, did not get to it yet.

In case of magnets - this field actually does not work at all (no sub-folder, no way to edit it). So they better fix that first...

There is another potential issue - when a user edit in illegal characters, not permitted to be used in a folder name.

I guess we better wait - for this upcoming improvement :) Till then, there is a semi- bypass I've discovered that you can use - just put a "." there... the path will be correct, but not the torrent name in uT list... yet...

Maybe so... Look at the first post - this dialog is one of the things they wanted to improve here, and, I suppose, did not get to it yet.

In case of magnets - this field actually does not work at all (no sub-folder, no way to edit it). So they better fix that first...

There is another potential issue - when a user edit in illegal characters, not permitted to be used in a folder name.

I guess we better wait - for this upcoming improvement :) Till then, there is a semi- bypass I've discovered that you can use - just put a "." there... the path will be correct, but not the torrent name in uT list... yet...

This is what I'm failing to understand, the single box functioned perfectly for my uses, so it'd also be good to know what problems people experienced with the single box UI for the developers to decide it needed changing.

I don't use magnets anymore since TPB was blocked in the UK (I know there are work arounds but I can't be bothered unless I want something they only have) so I can't comment on that.

What constitutes as illegal characters? I don't remember having any issues with using "-" or "( )". The only issue which was fixed with this release was the chinese characters thing, so again no idea on that issue.

Yeah, I read the "." solution somewhere thinking all that did was just change the folder name to the most minimal thing possible but actually kept the folder. I just tried it with a torrent and now know not think someone would be so stupid so suggest something like that. Sure it works, but similar to what you said, there's still the issue of not being able to identify the torrent very easily in uT itself and it's time consuming to find the torrent (unless you've only got a couple of torrents) and change the name.

I'm prepared to wait, as I said before, this particular change isn't a major issue for me but if this two box UI continues to throw up problems, I'll be reverting back to 3.1, which is also annoying as I hate using older versions of software, makes me feel like I'm missing out.

Hope this isn't against site rules, but if you want The Pirate Bay in the UK just click the link below, it really is as easy as that and it's one of about 15 ways around it. It really goes to show what idiots we have in power when they don't even understand the basics of the internet.

https://tpb.pirateparty.org.uk/

Oooh I didn't know about that. I couldn't be bothered with DNS changing and VPN's so I thought online proxies were my only option and they tend to be slow, but that link is very quick. Thanks.

As long as we are talking about optimizing Add Torrent dialog vertical space here - isn't anyone else annoyed with "Don't show this again" and expand/collapse button _in the middle_ of the dialog?

They are wasting the height equal to 4 (!) lines in Torrent Contents list and are never (!) used actually.

At least they could have been put on one line next to each other.

But I fail to see what harm is it to drop expand/collapse button altogether and always show the full dialog?

As for "Don't show this again" - it's kind of counter-intuitive in the middle. I believe such checkboxes should always be in the bottom corner of a dialog.

And as a "wild" idea for expand/collapse button replacement (in case it must really be kept) - how about making the "Torrent Options" and "Torrent Contents" sections collapsible?

Something like sections in opera:config maybe - http://wiki.eltima.com/files/folx_faq/Opera_2_1.png

Or maybe with expand/collapse buttons on the sections borders on the right like - http://www.clientui.com/WebResources/Images/FeatureImages/ExpandableGroupBox.png

Take a look, for instance, at this CodeProject - http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/42952/Collapsed-groupbox

And of course they would remember their expanded/collapsed state so that one doesn't have to expand them every time.

Using labels to place torrents in subfolders cause the path to have the wrong slash

You can still seed the torrent in this situation but opening the torrent location or files within the torrent will just open the root user documents folder.

Lets say you use labels to place music in a music folder, sorted by genre, you would have a label like Music/Jazz

upon torrent completion, the path in the current beta ends up X:\Downloads\Torrents\Completed\Music/Jazz\{whatever} which causes a problems when opening the folder location since it trips up on that /.

I am not sure when this specifically started occuring.

hmm, or it seems the behavior has since changed to allow \ in labels, i recall in 2.x this would cause problems with the path

nvm then, changed all my labels and corrected any affected torrents.

X:\Downloads\Torrents\Completed\Music/Jazz\{whatever} which causes a problems when opening the folder location since it trips up on that /.

As you were able to put a backslash after Jazz' date=' use a backslash before Jazz?[/quote']

utorrent 3.0 would use / in labels and then auto correct it to \ upon finish

im not sure where i learnt to use / from though.

Archived