µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and for the first time in a couple of years I've had to limit the global upload and download rates to allow browsing to run smoothly.

Funny, since there is nothing in the changelog that points to any performance related improvements... Maybe it is just your imagination, or your ISP... :P

The latest build is now 28012. It takes a little while to 'permeate' through the interwebs, but you should see it soon.

What happened between build 28008 and 28012?

Also, upgrading from 28008 to 28012 causes the setup window to show, so it's still partially not working properly.

When did the Twitter/Facebook icons appear on the status bar, any why can't they be disabled?

Also, upgrading from 28008 to 28012 causes the setup window to show, so it's still partially not working properly.

When did the Twitter/Facebook icons appear on the status bar, any why can't they be disabled?

One of the crash fixes we made this afternoon was causing even more crashes in its first hour after release. We decided to re-release since it was a minor change code wise. Nothing noteworthy to log.

I did not see the setup window show up while upgrading. Are you talking about the uTorrent Setup Guide (Bandwidth/Network) window or the installation window? Have you seen this before?

The FB/Twitter stuff came in a build ago. We are still working out the details, so feel free to share your thoughts. Right now it goes away, permanently, after you click them - you can see some pics of the office.

Well done gals and guys on the dev team.

Updated to build 28012 this morning and for the first time in a couple of years I've had to limit the global upload and download rates to allow browsing to run smoothly.

Hmm.. I haven't noticed any change in the code.

If you get a chance to switch to another build, do let us know if it goes away so we can know to fix it - or keep it.

The FB/Twitter stuff came in a build ago. We are still working out the details, so feel free to share your thoughts. Right now it goes away, permanently, after you click them - you can see some pics of the office.

Wouldn't heart if you'd also mention this in your *long* changelog entry about "offers"

Wouldn't heart if you'd also mention this in your *long* changelog entry about "offers"

That's exactly why I said "Snuck" in my above post.

This very controversal "featured content" and now "fb/twitter" buttons were originally left out of changelog.

You would think by all the negative responses about your decisions on adding these new features it would be alittle more important to at least give everyone a heads-up before users start downloading these new builds with these surprise additions!

When rolling the dice make sure they're loaded!

I did not see the setup window show up while upgrading. Are you talking about the uTorrent Setup Guide (Bandwidth/Network) window or the installation window? Have you seen this before?

The installation window. I saw it when upgrading from 27999 -> 28008 then again to 28012. However, it does not appear after subsequent startups on the same build, which was the main thing I was concerned about.

Glad to see more developers active on these forums!

buuu... hmm

You again... ;)

and again it's only just me :P

still not fixed in µTorrent 3.2.1 Beta 7 28012

also waiting for reply for my question...

+ help file needs an update... [bUG] Updating help file is needed' date=' especially new advenced options[/url']

buuu... :/

still not fixed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27999 Beta 6...

Are you guys even working on this, I'm curious? :P

about FB icon, it not aggressive, so it can stay, because it promote itself on FB :D

--bug #2 not fixed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27941 Beta 3... :mad:

----not fixed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27718 Beta 1,

2. old bug:

adding magnet and not waiting for downloading torrent information,

next manually start magnet will download torrent,

when torrent will be downloaded, uT will automatically download all files in this torrent

occurring in latest stable µTorrent 3.2.27568

was fixed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27554 Beta 1

regressed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27605 Beta 1

FYI -

"Start torrent" under "Torrent Options" in "Add New Torrent" prompt is disabled

"Don't start the download automatically" under "UI Settings" in "Preferences" is enabled

I'm recommending for magnets:

-user won't wait for torrent information and want to add just only a magnet,

will result in adding only a magnet in stooped state,

when user will start this magnet, it will download torrent and prompt user with "Add New Torrent" window, like in Tixati and bloat Vuze

-user wait for torrent information - works good, nothing to change here,

but we need some more user attention there, so user will wait calmly for torrent info,

coloring and making bigger these animated arrows near "Waiting for Torrent Information" is a good idea, what you think?

The latest build is now 28012. It takes a little while to 'permeate' through the interwebs' date=' but you should see it soon.[/quote']

You'll see it one last time, but you shouldn't see it again every time you run it after that point. :)

And now you can stop hassling me about it on IRC!

-user won't wait for torrent information and want to add just only a magnet,

when user will start this magnet, it will download torrent and prompt user with "Add New Torrent" window, like in Tixati and bloat Vuze

How about this? User chooses not to wait for magnet to download, and has not checked "Start torrent": download magnet, keep torrent in stopped state.

-user wait for torrent information - works good, nothing to change here,

but we need some more user attention there, so user will wait calmly for torrent info,

coloring and making bigger these animated arrows near "Waiting for Torrent Information" is a good idea, what you think?

I think you are right - we do need to draw more attention here.

download magnet, keep torrent in stopped state.

... and pops up a tray balloon notification ! Plus, if you like - clicking the balloon will focus on the torrent's files tab...

And will be added as a new event type to the events list the user can choose from to activate his own program.

download magnet' date=' keep torrent in stopped state.[/quote']

... and pops up a tray balloon notification ! Plus, if you like - clicking the balloon will focus on the torrent's files tab...

And will be added as a new event type to the events list the user can choose from to activate his own program.

You guys are killing me. ;)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your great work reviewing the 3.2.1 changes to utorrent. Many of your ideas have already made it in.

Stability is looking good, and I think that what we have now is an improvement over the 3.2.0 stable.

However, I agree that we haven't yet reached the sweet spot with the Add Torrent dialog.

The Add Torrent features we still want to put into 3.2.2 or 3.3 are:

* Make it explicit when the Name field is being used for a subdirectory

Rafi is making a more comprehensive list of old fixes and new features.

For your reference, here are some of the posts that had good discussion on this issue:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=669982#p669982

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=670018#p670018

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=670050#p670050

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=670094#p670094

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=670112#p670112

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=670118#p670118

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=670128#p670128

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=674902#p674902

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=672372#p672372

It may seem like a simple issue on the surface, but it is very complicated because of:

* How many different ways users use utorrent

* Multifile vs. Single vs. torrents with one file, but *IN A DIRECTORY*

* Using the name as the display, the directory name and the original torrent name

* The ability to change the name of torrents locally

* Common ways of packaging torrents

* How many different ways users use utorrent

* Common ways of packaging torrents

* - these i dont understand. examples of a choises, please.

Using the name as the display, the directory name and the original torrent name

"name as the display" - torrent name in torrent list in client, you mean?

so, original torrent-file name in inherited as follows (as it was) source "file name"/"directory name"->torrent-file name (ability to change during torrent creation?) AND/OR default addition to "save in" path (in "add torrent" dialog) (if there is folder (not a single-file torrent))->default torrent-list name

every "default" should be possible to change. (isn`t it the way it works now?)

ps: how "Common ways of packaging torrents" is even related to "add torrent" dialog?

pps: maybe i`m stupid, but i don`t see any "problems", only new "features", that you inmplemented, that noone needs. lots of angry posts about it, but all you do is "improving" and "adding" even more bugs. sorry, "features". and, yes, promises about bright future, light, uburdened, pure client. to make it even more hilarious, more devs appearing here (every week, i believe), that helps fix minor bugs. is that some kind of a show?

-user won't wait for torrent information and want to add just only a magnet' date='

[/quote']

How about this? User chooses not to wait for magnet to download, and has not checked "Start torrent": download magnet, keep torrent in stopped state.

It's acceptable.

But better idea is linking to magnet these settings:

-"Don't start the download automatically" under "UI Settings" in "Preferences" (of course this also automatically affects this setting "Start torrent" under "Torrent Options" in "Add New Torrent" dialog prompt, because both are linked together)

and

-"Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode" under "UI Settings" in "Preferences".

"Don't start the download automatically" will be managing the status of downloaded torrent from magnet, like it do for 'normal' torrents;

so enabled - torrents and torrents from magnets won't started automatically, torrents will have "Stopped" status

with disabled - torrents and torrents from magnets will be started automatically, torrent will have "Downloading" status

"Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advanced mode" will be managing a files selection under "Add New Torrent" dialog prompt, like it do for 'normal' torrents

so enabled - "Add New Torrent" dialog prompt will be shown for torrents and torrents from magnets, option to choose files which you want to download

with disabled - "Add New Torrent" dialog prompt won't be shown for torrents and torrents from magnets, no option to choose files which you want to download, all files will be selected to downloading

Why I think it's better. Simply, added magnet link should always download a torrent, no exceptions. The only what's matters are options to set proper torrent status (stop/download) and file selection in torrent, before any other operation.

-user wait for torrent information - works good' date=' nothing to change here,

coloring and making bigger these animated arrows near "Waiting for Torrent Information" is a good idea, what you think?[/quote']

I think you are right - we do need to draw more attention here.

I disagree with rafi here. Blinking text will be a bad idea. I didn't saw from ages that any program will behave like this, so no. Don't forget some ppl diseases too, like Epilepsy and others ;p

Better idea is colorizing these spinning arrows to e.x. green or blue color (default M$) and make them bigger, but not too much of course...

Instead of blinking these text "Waiting for Torrent Information", we should bold and underline it and make it about 1,5x bigger maybe, but I don't know how it will be looking. Do that what won't be looking awfully and will be drawing attention there.

download magnet' date=' keep torrent in stopped state.[/quote']

Don't forget to link this 'new feature' if it will be implanted for magnet as tray balloon notification to "Show balloon notifications in tray" under "UI Settings" in "Preferences".

Focusing automatically on "Files tab" can be a great substitute for normal "Add New Torrent" dialog prompt, be it won't replace it completely.

Why I think it's better. Simply, added magnet link should always download a torrent, no exceptions.

I think this was Adam's intention as well... They should show some specific status-message too, like "Initializing" or "updating info".

Don't forget to link this 'new feature' if it will be implanted for magnet as tray balloon notification to "Show balloon notifications in tray" under "UI Settings" in "Preferences".

Yep...

Archived