µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only concern with it is how the "hiding" of the Torrent Options and Torrent Contents groups would work

My concern is how the area where the names/files are will be expanded-stretched to see/edit longer names. In the "long" version - you could just widen the dialog to be able to see *all* the longer names!

There can be a simple draggable separator' date=' just like the one between the tree and the file list in Windows Explorer. You drag it to the right - the torrent files list contracts and the info part (with the Path/Name fields) expands. You drag it to the left - the info area contracts and the tree area expands.

[/quote']

I've created a sample application, with which all of you can try out the new dialog draft - of course there are many graphical glitches and flickers (!) the way it is done now (since its just a quick draft), but the main goal is just to represent the functionality of the "Save the torrent inside a subfolder with the Name given below" option, and to let you try out that separator thing (i hope thats the way you imagined it Meddio). :)

addnewtorrentredesigned.png

Download the sample application: rapidshare | uploading.com

MD5 (zip): bd3da8ccacd50ba831070b9948bfb4cf

(click here for the virustotal log of the executable)

I would prefer allow for us to swap sides the Torrents Contents on the left instead of the right, maybe a right and left handed difference combined with side of mind that processes it prefers ?

That can be done, but not an easy job for the developers i guess :P Not a bad idea though, but i haven't implemented such a function in this quick sample dialog.

If the file chooser also have a text input box to choose what the user needs. Input could have a + and - beside it so if enter with plus .avi then all .avi are selected. If then select the - all the .avi files are deselected.

Also could be made a lot smarter if allow for using | as a separator the could be .avi | .mkv | .mp4 select + or - to add those extensions or ignore them. Not only for extensions but use for any things need to select or deselect from the torrent.

Not exactly the idea you wrote, but you can try out the redesigned file selector in the bottom of the right side of the window. :)

In its current form it doesn't contains a regex interpreter or any such thing, but you can type in things like avi|mpg, or lol|mp4|e06 etc to the combobox, then press OK to select the given items which contains those strings.

Rafi, what's the problem with rapidshare? O.o

And what do you mean by "not available"? I can download it instantly by clicking on the link.

Btw i can upload it to a mirror site - which upload service do you prefer? :)

Edit: added mirror to uploading.com (in the previous post).

No need. My VPN got RS to issue this message... :)

The stretching thing is fine. Maybe locating the files on the left would have made it more similar to what we have now.

BTW, I don't like:

- Not giving the option to edit the torrent "display" name

- It is unsuitable to single file torrents

But, a nice demo nevertheless :)

Also, I am getting the garbled characters issue for the "Save In" input as well. Note that this only affects the initial value of the input; manually selecting a directory still works as normal.

It does not happen to me. I figured it is because I have a none default (=empty) download path set. Do you ?

"Put new downloads in:" has a directory assigned, but the feature is not enabled.

Also' date=' I am getting the garbled characters issue for the "Save In" input as well. Note that this only affects the initial value of the input; manually selecting a directory still works as normal.[/quote']

It does not happen to me. I figured it is because I have a none default (=empty) download path set. Do you ?

"Put new downloads in:" has a directory assigned, but the feature is not enabled.

Enable it, and I bet you'll be fine :)

Bypassing the bug is irrelevant. It's still there until they fix it, and I always set a specific location for all my torrents.

Regardless of all that, it is still a bug that needs to be fixed irrespective of settings.

The garbled random characters for Save In are just a derping of one entry of your settings.dat. Happened on autoupdate to this Beta track. I deleted the garbled entry with the Bencode editor and now everything works fine again.

Why do a minor version (x.x.1) when its parent version (x.x) is not released?

Aren't the minor versions for fixes only rather than features? And fixes are placed in a minor version (x.x.1+) when the parent version (x.x[.x]) is released?

879d0b200513212.jpg

Anyone else getting download speed problems with latest update. Mine normally in the 500kB/s now crawling at less than 10kB/s. Off to bed now but will try another one tomorrow and then revert back to the last beta to see if any different. Unsure if this is the right section to put this in, but if others are getting problems from last version to this then I would assume this would be relevant, if not then please move to appropriate section and accept my apologies.

Update:

Please ignore the above. I have checked with a fresh torrent this morning and all is well

Why do a minor version (x.x.1) when its parent version (x.x) is not released?

Aren't the minor versions for fixes only rather than features? And fixes are placed in a minor version (x.x.1+) when the parent version (x.x[.x]) is released?

http://thumbnails56.imagebam.com/20052/879d0b200513212.jpg

What is your point? That 3.2 is released?

According to update.utorrent.com 3.2 is not released.

Archived