µTorrent 3.2.1 stable (build 28086)

AdamK

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not fixed in µTorrent 3.2.1 Beta 1 27718,

1. 'new' bug:

torrent downloaded from magnet won't get the "#" (order number) in torrent list,

restarting uTorrent fixes this,

it didn't occur when you won't wait for torrent information and manually start magnet,

it happens only when you wait for torrent information;

this can be fixed by simply adding "#" (order number) to all mangets

2. old bug:

adding magnet and not waiting for downloading torrent information,

next manually start magnet will download torrent,

when torrent will be downloaded, uT will automatically download all files in this torrent

occurring in latest stable µTorrent 3.2.27568

was fixed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27554 Beta 1

regressed in µTorrent 3.2.1.27605 Beta 1

FYI -

"Start torrent" under "Torrent Options" in "Add New Torrent" prompt is disabled

"Don't start the download automatically" under "UI Settings" in "Preferences" is enabled

I'm recommending for magnets:

-user won't wait for torrent information and want to add just only a magnet,

will result in adding only a magnet in stooped state,

when user will start this magnet, it will download torrent and prompt user with "Add New Torrent" window, like in Tixati and bloat Vuze

-user wait for torrent information - works good, nothing to change here,

but we need some more user attention there, so user will wait calmly for torrent info,

coloring and making bigger these animated arrows near "Waiting for Torrent Information" is a good idea, what you think?

The ability to download files without the folder they come in, it's existed since I started using uTorrent (1.6 is the earliest I can think of but I know was using uT before then).

Sure it's simple to just take the files out of the folder once the torrent has finished downloading, but for how I organise my files, it's annoying when you download torrents that have files packaged inside a folder that you don't need. Admittedly the majority of things I download are just video files with no folders so it's not a major issue for me, but it's still a change that will slow me down and annoy me when I do download such a torrent.

+1 to that.

I do the same thing, as do most folk who want to maintain a clean hierarchy and clean folder names. uTorrent's behaviour prior to this was simple and it worked. With this new torrent naming logic, sometimes I get video files named with the torrent's name and no file extension, and, as mentioned by ezridroftp, I have lost the ability to specify my own parent folder name for multi-file torrents.

Please consider bringing back the previous behaviour at least via an advanced settings flag.

ezrideroftp wrote:

The ability to download files without the folder they come in' date='[/quote']

Just replace the "Name" field in the "Add Torrent" dialogue with a ".\"

rafi there is no reason why we should have to use the above trick, since its inception uTorrent has allowed one to select the folder and remove the name when one wants to continue a download without using the Torrent name as a folder...

ezrideroftp wrote:

The ability to download files without the folder they come in' date='[/quote']

Just replace the "Name" field in the "Add Torrent" dialogue with a ".\"

Bah, that's too much work =P Anyway, when 27718 came out and changed how the Add New Torrent box looked, I downgraded to 3.1.3.27498, I've had enough of this silly tinkering of something that functioned and looked perfect for me.

If I have a completed torrent that I select more files to download from (thus making it no longer completed) and I click 'start torrent' it's still highlighted in the top window but the contents of the bottom window are replaced with the torrent that was above it. I'd like to see the selected torrent contents not switch when the torrents status changes.

Something similar happens even in stable version.For example i delete a torrent and when it disappears from the list some other torrent gets selected and it shows its contents.This was not the case in earlier versions.And it gets weirder when removing multiple torrent at once.

Owlfan: switch to "all torrents" on left pane.

I can't seem to paste a screenshot. I currently have in the category list:

Torrents (28)

Downloading (0)

Seeding(16)

Completed (28)

Active (2)

Inactive (26)

I assume you are saying that I should click on the "Torrents (28)". Is that correct?

That's what they were referring to, but 28 is a far cry from 1000, so that's not the issue.

You might want to look inside you %appdata%\uTorrent directory to see if you have a backup of your resume.dat file (resume.dat.old) or if you have a system backup you could restore the old version from that. Otherwise.. torrents have gone *POOF!* :(

After I uploaded to 3.2.1 build 27718, there have been at least 2 times that uTorrent has run a re-check on all my not-finished torrents when I have turned on my pc and started uTorrent. (Today, and at least one time earlier). After it happened the first time, I was paying attention the next time I started uTorrent, but then it did not re-check.. but today, it did start the re-check.

otnul2.png

All these not-finished torrents are downloading into an external USB 2.0 disk. When I start uTorrent again tomorrow, I will try to first open Windows Explorer and browse to those files, in case the re-check has something to do with the USB disk's delay when going from "sleep" to normal operation.

After I uploaded to 3.2.1 build 27718, there have been at least 2 times that uTorrent has run a re-check on all my not-finished torrents when I have turned on my pc and started uTorrent.

Did you allow uTorrent to close and fully remove itself from memory before turning off the computer?

If the shutdown process interrupted uTorrent before it finished writing all changes to its configuration files, it's possible that resume.dat (not 100% sure which file controls this) was not updated properly, forcing uTorrent to recheck these torrents, ensuring that the pieces are actually where it thinks they are.

After I uploaded to 3.2.1 build 27718' date=' there have been at least 2 times that uTorrent has run a re-check on all my not-finished torrents when I have turned on my pc and started uTorrent.[/quote']

Did you allow uTorrent to close and fully remove itself from memory before turning off the computer?

And how should he answer that? Is there a popup "uTorrent has shutdown successfully" ? ;)

Bah, that's too much work =P Anyway, when 27718 came out and changed how the Add New Torrent box looked, I downgraded to 3.1.3.27498, I've had enough of this silly tinkering of something that functioned and looked perfect for me.

The old method was just bad. It didn't make a distinction between setting the path and setting the name of the subfolder. Plus now we don't have to do insane hacks for the LRU list of paths.

Archived