Help me, please..."No incoming connections"

idokess

Hello everybody.

I'm having a trouble of no incoming connections at all. Red Flag. All the download has stopped.

My port is open in my router (Sagem f@st 3184)

My Mac firewall is off.

I have the automatic port mapping activated on torrent (UPNP).

The UPNP is also enabled in my router.

Mac version: OS X 10.7.4

utorrent version: 1.6.4 (27255)

It was working Perfectly until couple of days ago it suddenly changed.

Please help me. I'm ruined.

Hi, same here, I've used uTorrent for years, and all of a sudden a week or so ago (maybe more?) none of my torrents would download, no matter how popular they are. All I get is a yellow status with "No incoming connections". Very occasionally it will turn green, or have up/download speeds of <0.5 kbps (rarely at the same time), but then it just goes back to nothing. I'm running MacOSX 10.6.8 and uTorrent v. 1.6.4. I have tried:

- "Automatically map port" checked and unchecked

- randomizing and not randomizing ports on start-up, randomize now

- forwarding ports (although I don't understand why my unforwarded ports would become a problem after many happy years)

- updating uTorrent

- Mac firewall off

- reseeding some of my popular downloads to make sure my up/download ratio is ok

- connecting directly to my modem/router via ethernet, rather than through my AirPort Express

- checking out ISP forums (I'm with Sky Broadband in the UK) to make sure that they're not throttling torrents

- restarting AirPort Express and Sky modem/router, as well as computer and uTorrent

- using bittorent (I don't particularly want to clutter up my computer with torrent clients to see if any of the other ones work, but I may have to try...)

- checking all over the internet for help with this

In short, I've tried EVERYTHING, and I still have the same problem. The only thing I can think of is that somewhere around the time it started was the last time my computer updated itself, so maybe it's something to do with the latest Apple security update?

Any help you can give me is very much appreciated!

I'm in the exact same boat. uTorrent was working fine for months... never had any connection problem at all. Suddenly this afternoon - DEAD. Read light in the settings, No Incoming Connections.

I've port forwarded, have tried various port numbers, have changed MAC addresses, power cycled everything, disabled Auto Port Mapping (although I read one suggestion to disable NAT-PMP but enable UPnP, but how is that possible in the Mac uTorrent client??). I even tried Transmission just in case it was application-specific, but Transmission has the exact same problem.

Then I fired uT up on my other Mac, and got better results. Yellow light, but downloads WERE possible. Then I looked back at the first machine, and it had ALSO gone yellow and began downloading, as if activating the second machine "woke it up" somehow.

I quit the second machine, and within seconds the first machine status changed to grey - Connection status: unavailable. Quitting & relaunching uT resulted in yellow light again - and after a few seconds, back to great again. Fired up machine #2 again and... machine #1 went green! Downloads begin on both machines. Quit machine #2, and machine #1 loses its torrent connection instantly.

Clearly it's not my ISP blocking me (and I ran some checks that came back saying the same thing) nor my router or modem etc. When the connection DOES work (when my 2nd mac is running), my speeds are totally normal. But without it running, I can't get any connection at all.

This has me utterly stumped... anyone have any ideas??

OK this is a seriously WTF moment. I kept reading people saying to disable the Firewall in the Mac... well duh - I never EVER turn it on, and I confirmed that it was indeed completely deactivated.

But then I had a hunch... I turned ON the firewall, clicked the advanced button, made sure its as set to ACCEPT all incoming connections, then as each app (uTorrent etc.) launched they asked me if I wanted to allow them through the firewall. I said yes and... voila, I now have perfect tormenting again without a second computer running!

Why this worked and disabling the firewall completely did NOT work, I have no idea... but hey, maybe this will help someone else!

OK, but the firewall was already completely disabled. So why would it need to be ENABLED and then the applications given permission to pass their data? Disabled should be just that - disabled. Meaning having no effect whatsoever. Very strange.

Yeah I get the logic behind that... but that's why this is so strange, the firewall has been set up like this for months without incident. Then suddenly yesterday afternoon... it's like it decided to kick in. No settings were changed, and as I mentioned in my troubleshooting it WOULD start to work, if I fired uT up on another machine on the same network (that machine ALSO has the firewall disabled).

I dunno, the logic of "hooks are still in place so that must be why" just doesn't seem to hold up in this particular case.

Well I spoke too soon. Today I've lost the connection again on this machine. Just grey, and Unavailable.This time around, launching uT on my other machine has no apparent effect. Qui & relaunch uT on the "problem" machine, and it's red, no incoming connections.

My iMac is fine though... same network, same software, no problem, firewall is completely disabled. Disabling firewall on problem machine, no effect.

Seriously... WTF.

... and once again, a confusing fix. I added the port in question to my router's port forwarding, and switched to Transmission instead of uT, and now everything is fine. uT still fails to get any connection at all under any circumstances.

I guess it's time to change bT clients. =(

So to make things even weirder... a couple days ago, UTorrent launched itself as I forgot it was still set as a login item on my Mac. And lo & behold - it's working FINE now. No idea why, it's not even using the port I manually forwarded.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't make sense of this. Utorrent works, then doesn't, then work, then doesn't.

Right now it's "working" in that the port is not blocked and I get a green status indicator.

However, the only torrents I can download, come from private sites. If I try to download anything from TPB etc. the trackers never connect. This means that things like TVShows2 don't work.

But if I fire up Transmission - no problems at all. However there are things I don't like about Transmission so I really want to stay with UTorrent!

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here, or what to do about it?

Hi,

Could anyone reproduce this issue and send us uTorrent log file?

You need to run uTorrent, go to Window->Message Log, go to Settings and enable "Set all logging flags" then click on "Set log file" and save uTorrent log to file. Try to reproduce this issue and then send us (mac@bittorrent.com) created log. Please specify your OS and uTorrent version too.

Thanks!

Same here, Firewall on- uT set to accept all connections, Firewall off, ports are and have always been forwarded correctly, I actually held off on updating the Mac OS, so Apple isn't the problem...

Log file so far says...

[00:00:00] UDP port bind faled 0.0.0.0:56510 (48) Address already in use

[00:00:00] Loaded ipfilter.dat (0 entries)

[00:00:00] IPv6 is installed

[00:00:00] UPnP: No cached host. Returning false from CheckCachedUpnpHost()

[00:00:00] UPnP: Unable to bind to UPnP port: 48

[00:00:00] UPnP Could not map UPnP Port on this pass, retrying

[00:00:00] NAT-PMP: Unable to map port with NAP-PMP

[00:00:00] UPnP: Unable to map port 192.168.1.70:56510 with UPnP

I haven't changed any router settings, and my crap router (NVG510) doesn't really let you customize much, and never had an issue with UPnP, so I don't know what is wrong...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived