Speed differences between DL/UL & Ul

Stainless

I've a 1600/333 kbs cable connection. Set my DL at 120Kbs & UL at 35Kbs, altenate when not DL 0 (unlimited). When I just upload I've a steady upload between 38-45. But when iI leech it becomes higly irregular, DL varies bteween 120-1KBs, UL goes with from 35 to 0Kbs. Some suggestions?

maybe your cabel modem is a crappy one and can not handle very well that thing with TCP/IP conections that u experience that ure download will slow down when uploading because the SYN/ACK packets dont get it?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_shaping

I didn't have this variantions with Bitcomet (was banned on Dime) nor utorrent 1.4. Didn't change modems so I don't expect thats the problem.

BTW: I'm a "Käsekopf", so my English is as bad as yours

That's kind of strange.. Do you have any firewall? Have you tried playing with the upload cap? And/or turning off DHT?

I use the XP wall, had Zonealarm (free), but that di'dn't work to well with uTorrent

I did try playng with the upload cap, higher or lower didn't make any difference. And I don't use DHT 'cause on the trackers I use it's forebidden and messes up my SR. Neither did I altered the net.max_halfopen.

DHT has absolutely no effect on ratio. None. Zero. Completely impossible for it to affect your ratio (apart from giving you extra peers to upload to/download from). Any tracker that says differently is either lying or misinformed.

In any case, have you tested the OpenOffice torrent to see if you get these same speed spikes?

DHT has absolutely no effect on ratio. None. Zero. Completely impossible for it to affect your ratio (apart from giving you extra peers to upload to/download from). Any tracker that says differently is either lying or misinformed.

In any case, have you tested the OpenOffice torrent to see if you get these same speed spikes?

I'm maybe not clear, I didn't mean my ratio but the tracker's statistics, they don't register traffic by dht. What's the OpenOficce torrent? Can I use it under windows?

OpenOffice.org v2.0.2 w/ JRE torrent

You're not using OpenOffice.org, just trying to download it. It's a benchmark torrent that we use, as it easily maxes out most people's connection speeds, so yes, you can download it in any BitTorrent client.

Hi Ultima, what's the .exe gone do. I started the torrent but I got at once the irregular speed DL started with 100 Kbs, later varying between 0 and 56 Kbs, UL the same between 0 & 35Kbs (my max). As I'm uploading a torrent now and only seed I wil try later on again.

Try running the Speed Guide (read carefully). If that doesn't help, try enabling PE.

The .exe installs OpenOffice.org, but don't install it. Like I said, it's just a benchmark torrent to see how fast it goes, what you're downloading from it is irrelevant. Just delete the .exe if you complete the download.

Try running the Speed Guide (read carefully). If that doesn't help, try enabling PE.

The .exe installs OpenOffice.org, but don't install it. Like I said, it's just a benchmark torrent to see how fast it goes, what you're downloading from it is irrelevant. Just delete the .exe if you complete the download.

I tried it with all other torrents stopped & it downloads just fine all 104MB in 10 min at my max of 140Kbs. Did it a second time with 7 torrents uploading & it gave the same result, a steady 140 Kbs DL & 35Kbs UL. But when I ran it a third time with downloading from Dime I got the drop in DL/UL speed. It became also impossible to surfe. I had to close uTorrent to upload this message

You're right., didn't change anything. But it seems that the number of peers is a part of the problem. Now that I've finished DL-ing (after 24 hours) a 1.6GB torrent with more than 100 seeders & 100 leeches a started two other torrents and it goes fine, no spectulair DL speed, but steady (80-100DL/35UL). Just don't know how the number of peers figures in the equation.

Archived