Migrating RSs downloader

blessedwalnut

On my mac I've found a rss.dat file that I assume stores the settings. I also assume that it's not platform specific. If you can find that on windows than I'm sure you can just move it over to the mac spot.

I currently have a PC and have a large number of shows in my RSS downloader favourites list. Is there a way to migrate these over to utorrent on a mac? I really don't want to have to assemble the list again and I am getting a new computer.

I too have this problem...If there is a workaround that would be great!

EDIT: I have kinda got a workaround but still trying to get it to work. Basically get the RSS.dat from windows and open it with textedit on the mac. find and replace all folder names with the mac versions and the search for '\' and replace it with '/'

this should change all your folder names to mac style. however i keep getting rss.dat.bad files when opening utorrent so still a work in progress. I can get it to open but it displays windows paths not mac so back to the drawing board.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for getting back to me on this, where on the mac did you find the rss.dat? I've looked in Mac HD/Library/Application support but there is no utorrent folder

Close but not quite. Hold down option and look in the "Go" menu in finder. While holding down option you'll see library in there. Click on it and go to that application support in there.

• 1 year later...

Archived