When i dont want to add trackers to a current torrent

solodadd

i've used utorrent for several years, and ive finally come to a problem that i dont know how to take care of myself, or with the help of a couple of close torrent friends. utorrent is remarkable, i cant remember any other software/program that ive had less issues with,

ok, so i'll do my best to explain. there is a video file i'm seeking that is very rare. it is on a public tracker and a private tracker that i am a member of. there are no seeds on either one. so what i want to do is to keep attempting to leech BOTH long-term until i hopefully get ONE of them. The video file in both torrents are the exact same (such as size, etc).

THE PUBLIC TRACKER one is a standard torrent with multiple trackers using a magnet link.

THE PRIVATE TRACKER one is the standard torrent with one tracker with a torrent link.

the problem is, the private tracker disallows use of either other trackers, or DHT, etc. so when the private tracker is added to the public torrent im attempting to leech, the private tracker then shows me as a seeder for that torrent instead of a leecher, preventing me from accepting incoming data.

So what do i want to do? When i am already attempting to leech from the public tracker, and then download the private torrent, when it asks me if i want to add this tracker to the torrent already leeching, i need to say no. in the main utorent client window, i need to have them attempting to leech independent of one another. how do i do that?

i hope ive explained this clearly. by the way, i have tried downloading the private torrent first, but when adding the public one, DHT is disabled and cant be adjusted.

Thanks

the private tracker then shows me as a seeder for that torrent instead of a leecher, preventing me from accepting incoming data.

This behavior is a mis-code on the part of the tracker you're using. If they're showing you as a seed when you're not, they're misbehaving.

If the torrent is behaving like this, there's no way to separate the torrent into private and public trackers because of the fact that it's not actually 2 separate torrents.

Archived