uTorrent crashing when adding torrents (magnets)

Ispinne

When adding multiple torrents/magnets, uTorrent have a tendency to crash. Did I say tendency? It crashes EVERY TIME. Which is bloody annoying.

This is uTorrent 3.2.1 Beta build 27554.

This problem have been going on for a while - a few versions ago, uTorrent Beta worked flawlessly, no problems at all. Now, however, I'm considering moving on to a different Torrent client, simply because I can't be arsed having to restart this client every time I add more than 1-2 torrents.

Not to mention that WHEN it crashes, it does the following:

Torrents which have been deleted that same session pops up again in the download-window, but of course it shows an error because uTorrent can't actually find the torrents (they've been deleted from the drive) - and any new torrents added the same session is NOT shown, even though several of them had started downloading. If I add them back (just start the ones on the drive), uTorrent usually crashes again, and I have to start over.

It also doesn't seem to recognize that downloaded torrents actually are on the drive, however moved to "Downloaded Torrents/label-goes-here" and tries to download them again. This is also a nail in the coffin for uTorrent.

I've got a similar problem, running 3.2 build 27547.

It was crashing for a while; it's now stopped doing that, but doesn't load/add torrents.

If I add a new torrent, nothing happens; if I try to add it again, or load the torrent file from the disk, it tells me that the torrent is already in the list, and asks if I want to add the trackers from it.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Yep. Update to latest version. Haven't done any real stress-testing, but the latest Beta is much much MUCH more stable. Haven't had one crash while adding torrents since the latest update of the Beta client. Currently I'm running uTorrent 3.2.1 Beta build 27605 - huge improvement.

Archived