uTorrent does not work at all

halt2010

Hello,

I have installed the latest version 3.2 two weeks ago. Since that time uTorrent does not work at all anymore. When I do CTRL-G everything looks fine. Results are : UP 115.1 ks/s, DL 726.4 ko/s. Port 31547 is open. Network is properlyconfigured but nothing works : not a single bit is downloaded... It used to work fine before I installed this newer version. I have reviewed the configuration which seems OK to me. I have tried to download some torrents with a high number of seeders, such as 13703 for instance (I got the torrents on site http://www.t411.me). But not a single bit is downloaded even if I have Seeds=0(13804), Peers0(809). When I look at the trackers I read this :

[DHT] : not allowed,

[Local peer discovery] : not allowed,

[Peer exchange] : not allowed,

http://tracker... : Failure : Accès refusé, téléchargement interdit, vous êtes seulement autorisé à partager. What does this last sentence mean ? I think this is the culprit but I do not know what I could do...

I have read a lot on the Net and often saw messages talking of read or green arrow(s). I do not see any arrow. Is this important. What should I do to see these arrows ?

Any idea will be very much appreciated, any suggestion will be welcome. Please excuse the possible bad english (I am french..).

I didn't mention it but I have used the search facility and the FAQ and found absolutely nothing. They even do not explain what are these arrows and where they are supposed to appear in the program...

The message I have for the trackers is not mentioned or at least I have not seen it...

Thanks for the suggestion, this is of course what I have done : I have contacted the site (www.t411.me) two weeks ago but they have not replied. This is why I then tried to see if something was wrong with my configuration of utorrent... Hence my post on this forum.

In addition what does "And stop replying to signatures." mean ? I myself have not posted more than 320000 post as DreadWingKnight's done. This is my first post and the result is poor until now. I'm a newbie on this forum please don't forget that and excuse me if I don't follow any rule...

I have made lots of tests with different softwares and Web sites. And I confirm DreadWingKnight's diagnostic : the problem is definitely due to the torrents that I downloaded from www.t411.me site. As they have not replied in their forum to my questions I simply will not use their site anymore. From various other sites all seems to work fine as it used to...

So I wish to thank DreadWingKnight for his clairvoyance !

Archived