Unofficial uTorrent Web Interface artists please read!

DigitalFx

Hey guys I am currently working on a web interface for the utorrent program. A web interface allows you to connect to uTorrent via any web browser (well with some exceptions like mobile browsers and what not). You can see my progress on this forum located @ http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=8793 for more information.

Right now I am looking for some people who wish to help with some artwork for the web interface. You will be giving full credit of course for all the work you do. I am looking for icons and things you would like in the interface if you wish you can also figure out a layout. just post on this forum or the one at http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=8793 and that would be awesome!

I don't get it... the official WebUI isn't even released yet, and people are making alternatives? IDK if you have seen the screen shots / progress of the official one, but it's pure awesome.

On the design note, is there any current icons sets that you would like adapted toward your purpose? It would save all us designers much time: better to have who you like work on them, then we all submit ideas and waste a majority of our time. "Logo" threads are a complete waste of time.

I don't get it... the official WebUI isn't even released yet, and people are making alternatives? IDK if you have seen the screen shots / progress of the official one, but it's pure awesome.

On the design note, is there any current icons sets that you would like adapted toward your purpose? It would save all us designers much time: better to have who you like work on them, then we all submit ideas and waste a majority of our time. "Logo" threads are a complete waste of time.

yeah i know they are working on an official one, but lately i am never home when i find something i want to add to my torrent lists and i figure since there is currently no solution i'd have to go out and make one. Obviously this version wont be as good as the official one since they have the ability to access all the resources directly instead of having to use api to connect to it like i have to do. Until they release it im using this version for myself mainly, but it will be available to everyone until the official one is released.

I really havent took the time to look around for any artwork since ive just been working on coding and some simple design for the layout, but i wanted to get the word out so people could start thinking of ideas. I dont mind using anyones already made artwork that they have from skins for utorrent, i just dont want to go ahead and use their work without them knowin. So if you already made some artwork or skins for utorrent and would like for me to use them let me know and ill put them in it. I am going to make this program skinable so ull be able to select from the web interface what skin you would like to use.

however for those interested if you would like to make a logo for my webui that would be cool, i dont have a set name for it ive been using unofficial utorrent web interface, i am up for suggestions.

but it will be available to everyone until the official one is released

why not even after that..

as i see it has disadvantages and your's is not using AJAX.. u have to reload the whole page to get the data.. it doesnt matter (seems lighter).. there are people that might prefer it.. alternatives do no harm to anyone...

but it will be available to everyone until the official one is released

why not even after that..

as i see it has disadvantages and your's is not using AJAX.. u have to reload the whole page to get the data.. it doesnt matter (seems lighter).. there are people that might prefer it.. alternatives do no harm to anyone...

well I will continue the development on it, but i am sure most people will want to use the official one.

but yea mine is really basic for the most part, no ajax for me lol. but the pages are generated on the fly so every refresh will have updated status that is in realtime at the time of refreshing. I hope i get a good amount of users to keep the project active, especially with some good ideas from people.

Archived